PDA

View Full Version : Auto reload selected textures when unminimized

New2Lw
10-13-2003, 05:55 PM
I think a cool feature would be for Lightwave to have

A check box next to each texture you wanted to reload.

The textures checked to reload would reload everytime you bring Lightwave into the forground or unminimize it.

That way while working in photoshop you just have to push save then switch over and it's there.

Sound cool? I'm sure Lightwave can detect when it comes into the forground, so this should be an easy feature, right?

Later,
Eric

wavk
10-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Hi, I was just about to post a feature request for a reload image button on the image panel. It's just plain stupid that you have to reboot LigthWave every time you change your texture. Or is there a way to reload images already and have I missed it?

Maybe that's even a better idea, to reload them every time you bring Lightwave to the foreground. But maybe not the cleanest way.

Have fun,

Wybren van Keulen

New2Lw
10-14-2003, 03:26 AM
The proper way to do it right now is to open the image editor and just load the image your working on again and it just updates the image that way.

But it gets really annoying and drawn out if your making a lot of small tweaks.

evenflcw
10-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Good request. Although I have no idea, I feel this should be to hard to add, hopefully this is true. The proposed way of implementation is cool to, with a checkmark for every image. But I guess it could be nice to have a button in the main menues that could update (forced) all images or the images of the selected object.

wavk
10-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Hi New2Lw,

That's just the problem, if you load the image again, it doesn't update, it just keeps on using the one in memory. So you have to reboot LightWave!

New2Lw
10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
You might want to talk to tech support about that.

Eric

New2Lw
10-16-2003, 09:08 PM
I didn't realize lightwave 8 was this close.

Newtek, get this feature in, quick...you guys still have time ;)

Eric

wavk
10-17-2003, 02:47 AM
I now know how to reload an image. You have to Replace the image in the material editor. Not very logical.