PDA

View Full Version : Manipulator anyone?

jasonwestmas
10-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I guess I should say is there a smarter manipulator. There's the Rove tool but it doesn't do a select all connected like other programs do that actually can identify an object. . . and it doesn't rotate in perspective. I don't think there's a plugin that selects all connected, and then rotates, scales OR moves the polygons with a single click and drag is there?

Right now to move a bunch of little "objects" I have to:

- change to polygons selection mode

- deselect my previous selection with '/' key

- select a polygon

- shift 'A' to center and orbit around my selection

- press the ']' key to select all connected

- press the 't' 'y' 'h' or 'H' key to Transform

- press the ctrl key to Transform on an axis

Gotta be a better way. I know about the magnet tool and cranking that way up to move an object, but that only works for moving and it doesn't highlight the "object".

For something like this I would really like a manipulator mode in perspective view that selects all connected with a single click.

jasonwestmas
10-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Here's a better idea. How about a tool that allows one to click on an island of polygons "object" and automatically does the following in a single click:

-selects and highlights the object without having to deselect previous selection.

-frames section with an automatic Shift 'A'

-simultaneously deselects previous selection.

-brings up the rove tool and centers it locally to the selection (not world unless you check a box) and full-on works in perspective view.

I'd totally dig that. . .really simple but old and powerful concept.

jasonwestmas
10-04-2011, 10:29 PM
nm