PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting any..Christmas dinner from your company?

prometheus
10-04-2011, 11:47 AM
well..we get to go to christmas dinner this time too, wich our company are so kindly to invite all the staff to.

It will be held on a place wevé come to like very much, an old castle almost at the country side in the suburbs of stockholm called ( häringe slott) häringe castle.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ak-iFTOIFJc/TQY_uJb2CqI/AAAAAAAABu8/iC2qZBs_iZg/s1600/IMG_4657.JPG

Nice atmosphere and the basement level has that medevial cave look, and a prison dungeon for those who want to check that out:)
som medevial shiny knight armour wich I believe is empty are guarding some entrance.

The food was excellent lot´s of different mustard types to try out.
lot´s of different meet types, fresh potatoes, herring, meatballs, different jams etc..and drinks.
And the service from beautiful ladies were excellent too.

I hope you all get the chance to be invited by your company this year too.

Michael

kopperdrake
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds great - curious about the 'many mustard types'...over here we're pretty much stuck with English mustard if you have an asbetsos-lined mouth, or a French mustard if you're not man enough for the English stuff. And then of course you have the speciality mustard with bits in, but I have to admit I've never seen 'many' mustard types - is it traditional to eat it with a certain dish?

We're only small, three of us who work in the main hutch are myself and my wife, and then Gary, who also happens to live next door - we're both product designers by training. So we grab his wife, dump the kids with grandparents, and the four of us go somewhere at Christmas, but I think I'd like to return to a small local restaurant called Mileburne - www.mileburne.co.uk - they use locally grown foods, local beers, all fresh. We may even supply them with fruit in a couple of years as we've planted an orchard out the back of the studio, full of some crazily old heritage varieties of apples, pears, plums and cherries. It's a nice place to unwind after sitting at a computer screen all day :)

colkai
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
well..we get to go to christmas dinner this time too, wich our company are so kindly to invite all the staff to.

. . .

Michael

Frankly, come XMas, if I have still have a job to return to after the break, that will be something.
Gone are the days of the big Chinese banquets with free booze all night alas.

Greenlaw
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Is it Christmas time? Geez, how time flies. :)

(Actually, based on the seasonal decor at some local stores, I think it is Christmas already.)

G.

Greenlaw
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
BTW, your party sounds wonderful! Wish I could come. :)

JamesCurtis
10-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I work for myself and am self employed, so I guess I'll have throw my own party for MYSELF come Christmas!!

Greenlaw
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Alright, party at James' place everybody! :)

xxiii
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Is it Christmas time? Geez, how time flies. :)

(Actually, based on the seasonal decor at some local stores, I think it is Christmas already.)

Yup, there are only 446 shopping days left, so better get cracking.

akademus
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
We are getting two weeks off instead so I'm very happy :D

50one
10-05-2011, 05:48 AM
I'm getting - two weeks off, free trip to Paris and £30.000 in cash...
Nah, only two weeks off but still good lol I will spend it doing some freelance work anyway hehe.

I'm too curious about the mustard.

lardbros
10-05-2011, 06:02 AM
We used to get £15 in Marks & Spencer's vouchers at Xmas, but that was brought to an abrupt end a while back. It was a bit of a kick in the face anyway, fifteen quid to spend in M&S? Doesn't get you much!

They don't take us for food anywhere, or organise a party either... would be expensive for 8000 people I guess :)

kopperdrake
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
8,000 people!! Where do you work?!!

lardbros
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
8,000 people!! Where do you work?!!

Ha, sounds like I work in a 3d Animation sweatshop doesn't it? :)

I work in a relatively small team of animators and programmers in a large engineering/research facility. I've just looked and it's closer to 10,000 right now... that's quite a lot isn't it! :D

50one
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
a, sounds like I work in a 3d Animation sweatshop doesn't it?

I was just going to post that haha!
Anyway I bet that 7990 people are rotoscope artists and rest of the team are the 'proper' VFX staff lol.

kopperdrake
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
10,000 people, research/engineering - something like Rolls Royce, BAE? Actually, Rolls Royce used to use LW, many moons ago. I used to work with a guy who left there when they shut the unit down and moved it offsite, his engineering modelling was jaw-dropping.

Sensei
10-05-2011, 09:01 PM

I have never worked for any company..
so, I am inviting myself wherever I want.. ;)

bazsa73
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Seems to me they arranged the party a bit early this year, we have it sometimes late November, early December. That's the time when the season gets darkest and folk is looking for the little pleasures in glüchwein or glög or mulled wine and all kind of boozes and we eat smoked fish and having fun. We wee down from the balcony :) Yoohey!

prometheus
10-07-2011, 06:18 AM
I have never worked for any company..
so, I am inviting myself wherever I want.. ;)

sure..take a trip to sweden and our castle christmas event, there´s room for more companies wich usally is the case, and even for singles like your self.

Michael
:beerchug:

50one
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
....Yeah, you never know what might happen in an old castle with a lot of mulled wine:D