PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Liveset Generator Plug-in Issue

BaDvs3iL
10-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help with getting the Liveset generator plugin to work. I am using Lightwave 9.6 32 bit installed on Windows 7 64bit.

After I install the liveset generator, I don't see the plugin show up in the Master Plugins list.

I even tried to scan the directory where the plugin was installed. I also tried to add the plugin by hand - vsfxsave.p and I get the error of "Cannot load external plug-in file <path to file>.

I have tried to call tech support which only told me that I needed to install the 32bit ver of Lightwave since at first I was using the 64bit one. This didnt work either.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Tim H.
10-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi,

From my (distant) memory of installing the plugin more than a year ago, the LiveSet plugin doesn't install in the correct place by default. You need to be sure that the installer puts in in the correct directory/folder.

When installing the plugin, watch very carefully for the path that the installer is going to use. If I remember correctly, it didn't put the plugin in the right place on its own. You'll have to "Browse" to enter the correct plugin path. That was why my install initially failed (LW 9.6 32-bit, on a Win XP x64). Correcting the path fixed it.

Best of Luck,

Tim Hedegaard
Virtualsets.com, Inc.
NewTek Authorized Reseller
Customized LiveSets for XD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
[email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

joseburgos
10-05-2011, 06:32 AM
What Tim said and this is because it uses some dll files with the plug-in. A search in this section of the forum will yield the name of all the files but doing what Tim said should get it going.

billmi
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Yep, I had the same issue too. Similar things happen to the license key installing 9.6 on Vista.

PIZAZZ
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Yep, I had the same issue too. Similar things happen to the license key installing 9.6 on Vista.

Hey stranger Bill! Where you been?

sorry for the OT guys. :)

billmi
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Definitely OT, but I can't complain about being missed.

After 19 years as a freelance content developer and consultant the economy was slow and my largest client got put out of business by the bank bail-out, so I went out and got a "real job" working for someone else, in their office, as creative director at a small tech start up - first time I'd actually been an employee since college in '92 (something I credit to NewTek, because most of what I did back then was service Toaster systems and train people to use them). After about a year and a half of my new employer not thriving, I left on good terms and just do things for the company as needed. I started passing my resume around, but after taking a summer vacation, my freelance workload's been picking up, so I'll probably be working from my own office again for a while. It sure feels good. I spent today cutting audio for a client's embedded controller voice menus, and tomorrow I get to make some DVEs for a high school :-)

I did get to work on some cool stuff as an employee though, the company I was working for makes phase change based cooling products (technically heat absorbing gear). One of the product lines I worked on was purchased by MLB for their umpires, so I got to rub shoulders with some umpires, trainers and MLB staff (ritetempathletics.com). Also a lot of my free time in that period was devoted to a hair-brained hobby project that turned out quite well - building an electric motorcycle - corin.com/sensei

PIZAZZ
10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Definitely OT, but I can't complain about being missed.

After 19 years as a freelance content developer and consultant the economy was slow and my largest client got put out of business by the bank bail-out, so I went out and got a "real job" working for someone else, in their office, as creative director at a small tech start up - first time I'd actually been an employee since college in '92 (something I credit to NewTek, because most of what I did back then was service Toaster systems and train people to use them). After about a year and a half of my new employer not thriving, I left on good terms and just do things for the company as needed. I started passing my resume around, but after taking a summer vacation, my freelance workload's been picking up, so I'll probably be working from my own office again for a while. It sure feels good. I spent today cutting audio for a client's embedded controller voice menus, and tomorrow I get to make some DVEs for a high school :-)

I did get to work on some cool stuff as an employee though, the company I was working for makes phase change based cooling products (technically heat absorbing gear). One of the product lines I worked on was purchased by MLB for their umpires, so I got to rub shoulders with some umpires, trainers and MLB staff (ritetempathletics.com). Also a lot of my free time in that period was devoted to a hair-brained hobby project that turned out quite well - building an electric motorcycle - corin.com/sensei

Just checked out your project site. Well done and Kudos to you Bill. Glad you are doing well and keeping the creative juices flowing.

JmJ17
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Can anyone tell me where can I download this plugin?

I'm a registerer 9.x version but it doesn't appears on my downloads page.

billmi
10-27-2012, 10:15 AM
I believe you need to own VT5 or Tricaster for access.

JmJ17
10-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Mmm, perhaps it is because I registered with my personal account Lightwave and with the university one the Tricaster?