PDA

View Full Version : Studio GPU no more...

InfoCentral
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Mach Studio Pro once a high priced $5000 non-photorealistic gpu render engine has closed their doors. Last week their site was hacked and the webpage has been blank since. Today I visited their Facebook page looking for answers and someone posted they received an email from support saying thats all. They are closing down. They were the best near real time non-photorealsitic gpu render engine I saw. Antics closed their doors a few years back. That leaves iClone and Swift 3d only. Swift licenses its render engine to Autodesk and others. I still have the legacy LW plug-in.

Titus
10-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Mach Studio Pro once a high priced $5000 non-photorealistic gpu render engine has closed their doors. Last week their site was hacked and the webpage has been blank since. Today I visited their Facebook page looking for answers and someone posted they received an email from support saying thats all. They are closing down. They were the best near real time non-photorealsitic gpu render engine I saw. Antics closed their doors a few years back. That leaves iClone and Swift 3d only. Swift licenses its render engine to Autodesk and others. I still have the legacy LW plug-in.

Their business model was flawed. The price they charged in reality was for the expensive graphic card bundled.

Dreamcube017
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
That's too bad. I had a feeling they weren't doing so well. As they were one of the first companies to use DirectX, I guess they got a little full of themselves just a bit too soon.

Well there was another one... must we forget TrueSpace?

And there is another current DX11 renderer that actually does more... thing is though that it's only for Maya. That's a real shame too as it's got some great results.

Anyone else know of any DX11 realtime rendering engines?

Dreamcube017
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Wow after searching, this is the ONLY thread on the net I can find about them getting hacked. Man it's like they poofed out of existence and MachStudio will fade into nothing... which is pretty sad as that's the only other DX11 realtime rendering software aise from Furryball. (the Maya one)