PDA

View Full Version : ? Automatic placing an object on the surface ?

Rajce
09-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Hi,
I have a small question. What the fastest way (even plugin) placed in a Layout object to another? Eg. If my tree, so that I automatically placed in the Y-axis on the object surface terrain.
I found the plugin from Daniel Federico - Random Allocator. That to me but in the 64-bit 9.6 is not working and both clones as described objects randomly. I'd like to position the X and Z and Y to identify itself to regulate automatically.

Thank you for your knowledge
Sorry for my a poor English (I use Google Translate)

nickdigital
09-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Try DPInstance
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/DP_Instance.html

kevman3d
10-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi,
I have a small question. What the fastest way (even plugin) placed in a Layout object to another?

Are you after something like Sticky? That is, a tool that "sticks" one object to the surface of another... To use its a piece of cake... Just make sure that the pivot of your object to "stick" (ie. the tree) is at the bottom of the tree.

Select the ground object, press "m" (Motion options) and add the motion modifier "Sticky Surface"
Select your tree, and add the motion modifier "Sticky"

Since its a motion modifier, if it doesn't appear to stick initially (it should) then just scrub the timeline. Its quite handy for stuff like boats on oceans, cars across terrain, water droplets sliding down surfaces, etc.

Rajce
10-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi,
kevman3d thanks, that's what I was looking for.
I only have a supplementary question. If he'll use way, then my car always turns in H to (almost) nolové values. But how do I do if I need to turn the car in H by 30 degrees and so let him lay on the ground?

thank you

EDIT:The question is irrelevant - I know how to do it