PDA

View Full Version : Tom Dixon models

M-X
09-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi there, we have finally finished creating 3d models of Tom Dixon's complete furniture & accessory ranges.

http://mx-3dmodels.com/manufacturer/tom-dixon.htm

I hope you like the it & feed back very welcome.

Thanks

MAUROCOR
10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I will tell you the true, I like it but I am not sure if I understand it very well?
Is that a table? I didnīt get the steps...
And what are those black and white things? Lamps?
Well, I really like the general scene and the mood. Render is very nice, congrats!

M-X
10-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks, yes it is a bit strange. It is based on the Tom Dixon Restaurant Circus, people walk along the table and perform...... Image attached.

3dworks
10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
interesting scene! as you're looking for feedback:

imo the occlusion pass - which apparently was included in this rendering - is much too strong and makes the look very unrealistic. another factor which contributes to the unrealistic look is that there is just that a diffuse light source (like an overcast sky) illuminating the scene, all the lamps in the room seem to be off, yet there are no dark areas - the white ceiling seems to be sort of self-illuminating. i would suggest to use IES lights or/and set the main light to a plain sunlight and render with true GI.

also, i'd try to rework a bit the surface materials, they are not very convincing if you aim for a photo real look, especially the plastic parts...

maybe it's also worth to try a more (but not totally) central perspective of that room - as in the photo, as the space under the table is less interesting to see than that very particular situation with the steps leading up to that table/catwalk.

hope that sounds not too 'destructive', just trying to give my best advice.

cheers

markus

M-X
10-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Thanks, for the feed back I will have another crack at it bearing your comments in mind.
Cheers!