PDA

View Full Version : XD300 starting up to windows and not launching TriCaster application

malone1986
09-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

I know there have been a few issues regarding the rev 3 software update in recent days. After a few teething problems and bit of tweaking we had the rev 3 software working perfectly on our XD300 yesterday.

I have come into the studio this morning to turn our XD300 on and every time I try it loads to the windows desktop and will not launch the TriCaster application.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or does anyone know how I could solve this?

If I have to I could do a system restore then load the latest rev 3 back onto it, but I was wondering if anyone knew a quicker, cleaner way of doing this?

Thanks!

malone1986
09-28-2011, 01:17 AM
I have just discovered a way around this issue.

If I log off Windows and then sign back in as the "XD300 User" I am taken back through to the TriCaster application.

I am happy to do this to make everything work, but am just a bit uneasy about the application not loading properly.

No massive rush for answers on this, but if anyone has any ideas on why this is happening and how I can solve the issue it would be great to hear your views!

Thanks

SBowie
09-28-2011, 05:31 AM
No massive rush for answers on this, but if anyone has any ideas on why this is happening and how I can solve the issue it would be great to hear your views!I'm not in the office today, but appreciate the report, and will draw this to the attention of the QA team. Thanks.

malone1986
09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks Steve, really appreciate that. I have just had an email from your colleague, Jeremy and he is looking into it for me. Just thought I would flag it up to you guys in case it was a little issue that had come up from the update to rev3. Thanks again.

Knite20
10-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Same thing has happened to us a few days after the Rev3c update. loads to windows, but refuses to load the tricaster. I will try Malone1986's workaround.. (I'm walking a student through trouble shooting as I'm in NYC... not Utah.) We have the TC XD850.

SBowie
10-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Could you provide a little more detail on "refuses to load the tricaster" ... does the startup screen open, but you are unable to launch a session? Other? Have you tried creating a new session?

Knite20
10-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Sorry Steve, If we click on the TC icon, a box will flash on the screen for a fraction of a second, and that's it.

EDIT: I had my student pull the ethernet cord out on a reboot. Apparently it loaded into the Tricaster and he was able to select a session. but that's where is hung up loading and loading.....

The error when it finally kicked back to windows was simply "Com Surrogate error."
I'm having him try it again with a different session...

joseburgos
10-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Same thing has happened to us a few days after the Rev3c update. loads to windows, but refuses to load the tricaster. I will try Malone1986's workaround.. (I'm walking a student through trouble shooting as I'm in NYC... not Utah.) We have the TC XD850.

On the whole not launching TC on XD300 and going straight to Windows, I have seen this happen when users create a new user or play with administrator user settings. The TriCaster auto load is in XD300 User, user settings and this may be a glue to the why or a start as to the why.

Knite20
10-12-2011, 08:36 AM
UPDATE: My student confirms, that if the ethernet cord is out when the machine boots, It will load into the Tricaster and allow them to choose a session. After choosing a different session than the initial one that caused the freezing, things seemed to work.

Zane Condren
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
You should do a system restore and redo the rev 3 software update.