PDA

View Full Version : automatic restarts

Teresa Cobb
09-27-2011, 02:50 AM
We bought a Tricaster 3 years ago. Two weeks ago, while recording a session, it began to shut down and restart on it's own. The hardrive indicator light is flashing blue to red. Is that telling me that the hard drive is crashed and we need a new one?

SBowie
09-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Well, I'm not 10% sure what it indicates, but it can't be good, can it. A call to Tech Support is in order.

DENNISOCASIO
10-20-2011, 01:12 PM
im having the same problem for some reason my tricaster wont let me record and I can't even go live for more them 20 minutes, I format the system to the original set up and still not working.

SBowie
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
im having the same problem for some reason my tricaster wont let me record and I can't even go live for more them 20 minutes, I format the system to the original set up and still not working.If your system is a recent purchase, I'd talk to your reseller, or Customer Service. Otherwise, a local reseller is always a great resource.

If you are 'do-it-yourselfer', and it's not a new system, I'd start by checking all connections and that the TriCaster board is firmly in the slot. Next up, personally I'd probably run some hard drive diagnostics.

LisaD
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
I am having a problem where the Tricaster Pro is randomly restarting itself - one time in the middle of a Live Broadcast! I have tried to figure out what is causing the problem to prevent this from happening again, but I can't seem to pin down a cause. We bought the unit 2 years ago....so it probably won't be under warranty anymore. Thanks for any advice!

jcupp
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Most common causes for random TriCaster restarts in no particular order:

Bad power supply
Bad RAM
Overheating

Check all the fans in the machine including the one on the VGA card. It's not if a fan will fail it's when.

Restore TriCaster from the boot menu (not all Pros came with the restore function). Just in case the software is munged.

Run MemTest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-4.0a.iso.zip) on the machine for at least 8 hours. One pass through the RAM is not enough.

Swap out PS. No other easy way to test it.

kricher
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I had this same issue with my two year old TC Studio this past summer. Sent it into Newtek Tech Support and they replaced the hard drive. So far so good but that is just my experience.