PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting iPod touch and/or iPhone display

davedude
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Hello.

I just want to share this in case anyone else has needed to broadcast an iPod touch or iPhone display on the Tricaster.

I purchased the iPod/iPhone component video out cable thinking it would display fine on the tricaster, until I found out that iPods/iPhones only broadcast their display via the component video cable at 480p. 480p is NOT compatible with the Tricaster XD 300 (I assume none of the Tricasters are but I do not know for sure).

I had to purchase the iPod/iPhone composite video cable to force the output to 480i which now works with the Tricaster.

Then I had to jailbreak the iPod touch/iPhone and download a program called TVOUT2

http://tvout2.webs.com/

This program will mirror the exact video displayed on the screen of the iphone/ipod and is fully adjustable in the sizing of the iphone/ipod's "desktop"

This will allow the desktop and ANY application on the iPhone and iPod touch show clearly on the Tricaster input.

cuspclub
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for sharing the info. I almost tried the same thing and never got around to it.

levdog
10-03-2011, 03:03 AM
iOS 5 includes a feature called AirPlay mirroring. So you will be able to get your iPhone/iPad/iPod into the tricaster via one of the Net inputs. Obviously this isnt lossless like composite and is considerably more compressed than SDI but if your not bothered by that then it's awesome.