PDA

View Full Version : November announcement

50one
09-26-2011, 04:21 AM
Place your bets boys and girls? What it's gonna be? My bet is on the ''new roadmap for LW'' sort of thing with the announcement of LW 11!:thumbsup:

Please - no rants, no software wars, no free p*rn links and less sarcasm than usually hehehe:).

probiner
09-26-2011, 04:49 AM
no speculation?

akademus
09-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Looks like pancakes are leading.

IMI
09-26-2011, 05:11 AM
November 31, 2011
San Antonio Texas

We are pleased today to announce NewTek LightWave 3DŪ 11 with PanCAKE Technology...

50one
09-26-2011, 05:42 AM
...well actually it's not a bad name for baking plugin - sort of Xref with point oven and other tools combined, since cinema got xpresso and c.o.f.f.e.e, and Adobe got Mocha included lol.

gordonrobb
09-26-2011, 06:16 AM
What I think is that it will be a big announcement that means very little to a large part of the user base. What I'd like is that it will be something meaning full to me. Like new modeller, or GoZ or something like that.

COBRASoft
09-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Pancakes for me. NT has killed all my expectations in the previous years. I really hope to be surprised though. Let's see what they'll come up with :D.

Dexter2999
09-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Pancakes for me.

"Lightwave 11, 'slike buttah."

IMI
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm surprised the non-pancake choices got any votes at all. :D

Although I would have added a 5th option: Announcement Delayed Until Q1 Next Year. ;)

ncr100
09-27-2011, 12:38 PM
I expect pancakes in November.

roboman
09-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Some one in Newtek's mail room won Autodesk in a craps game. They were using company funds to gamble with, so Newtek now owns Autodesk. As of December they will discontinue sales of the current versions of Max and Maya. As of Jan 1 2012 the last beta of core will be released as the new Maya. Version 9.6 of Lightwave will be renamed and sold as Max3D. Autocad will replace modeler in Lightwave 11.

biliousfrog
09-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately the pancakes have been cancelled, however, the eggs will be reused to create an omlette.

prometheus
09-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Curiosity killed the cat...

well...isnīt it better not waste time to speculate about it, Itīs only a little more than one month until that will be announced.

thereīs better thing to do then raise excitment on some speculations and riscing to be dissapointed.

Michael

kopperdrake
09-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Unfortunately the pancakes have been cancelled, however, the eggs will be reused to create an omlette.

That's all you can make with dropped eggs...

colkai
09-28-2011, 05:53 AM
I trust in getting pancakes far more than any speculation on what Newtek is likely to do, or not do.

I'm surprised the non-pancake choices got any votes at all. :D

Although I would have added a 5th option: Announcement Delayed Until Q1 Next Year. ;)

Just Q1, gosh, aren't you the optimistic one? ;)

IMI
09-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Just Q1, gosh, aren't you the optimistic one? ;)

Well no, I was figuring the Q1 announcement would then be announcing the delay of the Q1 announcement to "...by the end of Q3, subject to change without notice..." ;)

I hope they bring plenty of maple syrup with them for the pancakes.
Maybe that's why S. Bowie is traveling from Canada to San Antonio. :D

*Pete*
09-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I voted for pancakes, even though they are equally destructive for my physical health as the other options would have been.

LW 11 with uber tools?...that would end up with me choosing between my very, very beatifull girlfriend and LW 11...and of course, since girlfriends dont come with Uber tools the choice is easy.

Modeler with complete overhaul?...id spend years to find out all kinds of excuses for why the old modeler was better...and why?...becouse im getting old and need to have the "everything was better before" slogan ready with good arguments.

New roadmap?..id drool and die of dehydration...and propably all for nothing as the roadmap would change into nothingness Q4 2012.

so..Pancakes, yes...they will make me fat, but they do taste good and once eaten, nobody can take them from me..and if i get no pancakes but only promises instead, then i wont get fat...so, its definetly the best alternative and propably most likely to actually happen...

Matt
09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I voted pancakes because I dislike these polls! :p

JeffrySG
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I voted pancakes because I dislike these polls! :p

Me too. And pancakes are so yummy too.

I, personally, never thought this November event was going to be a huge LW announcement. I just thought it was a way to get users together to kind of replace the SIGGRAPH event and do a little PR. No other expectations from me at all to be honest.

prometheus
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
for no particular reason at all...I suddenly got an urge to have pancakes tomorrow for lunch..or is it because of this thread maybe?

Traditionally ..Pancake is a tradition to eat on thursdays in sweden, along with pea soup.

The rumour has it that the swedish king Gustav III (1746-1792) had a royal command upon the swedish people, that swedes and even fins at that time should eat peas every thursday, that is to secury the the harvest was used up before the next harvest.
and pancakes was to fill the rest of the belly I guess.

Here in sweden we rarely or never use maple syrup thou, mostly strawberry jam, and whipped cream or even ice cream..yum.
And I prefer my pea soup watery and very spicery...and perhaps some
mustard clicks in it.

Cant wait till tomorrow.

Michael

50one
09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Man! I had pancakes two days ago and today:D What's your favorite way o serving them? I love my pancakes with white cheese and jam:thumbsup:
Pea soup? yuck!:)

prometheus
09-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Man! I had pancakes two days ago and today:D What's your favorite way o serving them? I love my pancakes with white cheese and jam:thumbsup:
Pea soup? yuck!:)

I really hated pea soup before, and it honestly looks like something someone has ..ehh you know.
But it depends on whoīs doing it, I hate messy thick pea soup, It should be very watery and of course have some meat dices in and some good strong spices and with mustard it will be lovely really.

Pancakes I like very soft and not to burned, I tried some American pancakes( thatīs what they called them anyway, not sure if they were correct) but they were to thick and to leathery, a perfect pancake for me is quite thin and folded two or three times, served warm with strawberry jam and cold wipped cream. you should also be able to just drag the knife over the pancake with almost no pressure and it should cut it as butter almost.

The only thing I liked with those so called american pancakes was the maple syrup.
The pancakes should be eaten after the pea soup of course.

Michael

Dexter2999
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Do we need a poll "Pancakes vs. Waffles"? Cause I really dig on some fresh waffles. Pick them over pancakes almost any day.

"folded"? Prometheus that sounds more like a crepe. Which are also delicious but not a pancake at all.

50one
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Damn, I always fold mine...

prometheus
09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Do we need a poll "Pancakes vs. Waffles"? Cause I really dig on some fresh waffles. Pick them over pancakes almost any day.

"folded"? Prometheus that sounds more like a crepe. Which are also delicious but not a pancake at all.

Yeah it might sound like that, but no..they are pancakes indeed, crepes has some filling wich pancakes donīt have.

difference between swedish and american pancakes are mainly that the american pancake has baking powder in it and goes through the process of ferment wich swedish pancakes doesnīt, and american pancakes are fluffier thicker and smells more perhaps.

Michael

littlewaves
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm just assuming it'll be the LW11 pre-sell with the dubious promise of a release in Q1'12.

Possibly with some sort of T-Shirt offer

50one
09-28-2011, 02:05 PM
T-shirts are lame! Give us a pair of speedo's with LW logo!
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5709/davidhasselhofspeedosli.jpg

probiner
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Ohhh you just made him look like he his wearing a Syphilis warning sign... not cool.

So pancakes it is.

hrgiger
09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
I would like to see pancakes completely integrated with waffles by November. I also want a completely bacon GUI allowing you to choose between thick cut and peppered with the customization to control the amount of pepper and thickness. I want to see some scrambled dynamics. At the very least I would like to see the ability to make our own custom hash browns.

50one
09-28-2011, 02:18 PM
...I'm not gonna ask how the hell you know how the syphilis warning sign look like if there's any lol.

probiner
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
It's on the man's thing and in that context it rimes with something within the family of:

http://homeplatepub.com/smf/avatars/Biohazard.jpg

and

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Treponema_pallidum.jpg/230px-Treponema_pallidum.jpg

(the centripetal spiky spiraloid shapes)

LightWuv
09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
All I'm saying is that since they promised us pancakes they're going to have to be the best pancakes I've ever tasted if I have to wait until November to get them, or I'm gonna switch to cheese omelette.

My friend switched to cheese omelette and he says it's better than the pancakes we're getting in November.

:jester:

Titus
09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Now we'll have pancakes with cupcake technology.

calilifestyle
09-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I predict that in November Newtek will announce the return of Newsletters.

Dexter2999
09-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I heard AutoDesk is going with French Toast. So we are all going to be hating life when all we get is pancakes because obviously French Toast is going to ge the industry standard.

And you know they aren't compatible just because they both use syrup.

dblincoe
09-28-2011, 05:55 PM
I predict two new buttons..."Easy" and "Eject".

ncr100
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Pancakes I like very soft and not to burned, I tried some American pancakes( thatīs what they called them anyway, not sure if they were correct) but they were to thick and to leathery,...

The only thing I liked with those so called american pancakes was the maple syrup.
The pancakes should be eaten after the pea soup of course.

Michael

Thick and leathery pancakes may be made better if one adds a banana, removing an equal part liquid from the batter. This (http://dinnerwithjulie.com/2008/12/30/day-365-bread-pudding-pancakes/) looks like a nice alternative, too.

speismonqui
09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
I predict that in November Newtek will announce the return of Newsletters.

ok, don't tell me... without pancakes right?? :cursin:

jasonwestmas
09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Thickly cut bacon strips for me, from Sorgs Wisconsin. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sorgs-Quality-Meats-and-Sausages/57502295425

-EsHrA-
09-29-2011, 04:43 AM
omg, pancakes would be the best upgrade ever!

hazmat777
10-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Either oat grain waffles, spinach/feta cuiche and veggie sausage links with plenty of maple syrup OR...

I'm switching...http://asterius.com/atari/cad3d.html

speismonqui
10-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Either oat grain waffles, spinach/feta cuiche and veggie sausage links with plenty of maple syrup OR...

I'm switching...http://asterius.com/atari/cad3d.html

are we getting that OGL amazing performance? sweet as pancakes :thumbsup: