PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast in 16:9 - DDR's squeezing to 4:3

Daniel H
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi there,

Got the Tricaster Broadcast in 16:9 mode, cameras all in 16:9 and no problems on that front.

We've now got a Sony DSR-45AP DVCAM deck connected up to the composite output of the Tricaster and the deck connected to a PC via Firewire to capture as we record.

Problem is, when I play any clips from the DDR, they all output through the monitor fine, but when they go through the deck onto the PC, the capture squeezes from 16:9 to 4:3 - then switches back to 16:9 when I cut back to a camera source.

The clips have all been exported from Adobe Premiere in 16:9, when ever I've recorded clips onto the Tricaster, I've not had this problem.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Lee-AVP
09-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Can you hook a monitor up to the deck to see what the video looks like?

There is no resolution difference between 16x9 and 4:3 in SD land. And even if there was, the Tricaster output resolution isn't going to change based on the source selected.

So what I actually think is happening is something with your export setting in Premier isn't right, and is causing the tricaster to misinterpret the footage. That being the case, I would expect it to look wonky on the program monitor, too.

Check the resolution of your DDR clips first. They should be 720x480.