PDA

View Full Version : Edit Text Tab Help

wjmhtony
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I am trying to figure out how to not make the background of an overlay able to clicked on in Live production.

Here's what I need.

I am making lower 3rds for football scores. When I make the templates in Edit Text Tab and export them for Live production the background is a "clickable" object and an insert picture option comes up.

When I was using the youngmonkey plugin, the backgound was not "clickable" just the numbers needing updating. That's what the standard templates do,replace the scores only not the background.

What can I do to make this work? Is it possible?

SBowie
09-23-2011, 11:57 AM
From the TC manual, under Editing title Pages:

You can find out which, if any images are unlocked (stand-ins) and which are locked, and toggle the status of any image. Hold down the Shift key while rolling around inside the Title Page. With Shift depressed, a red border is shown around any locked image under the cursor. Stand-in (unlocked) images display a green border on roll-over when Shift is depressed. To toggle the stand-in/locked status for an image, left-click it with Shift depressed.

Lee-AVP
09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Steve, is that in Livetext or in the title editor in the Live production?

I noticed recently that a lot of the Newtek logos on various title template pages where locked, and I didn't know how to unlock them.

Thanks!

SBowie
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Steve, is that in Livetext or in the title editor in the Live production?It's in the latter manual.

wjmhtony
09-26-2011, 07:04 AM
I guess when I composed the original post I should have specified I am working on a TriCaster Studio. I don't have the title editor option in Live production on my version.

I just need help with making sure when my students click on the scoreboard that was made in the Edit text tab, it doesn't want them to add a full page graphic instead.

Here is what we do... we make the scoreboard background with the team names and logos in Photoshop. Save that file as a .png with a transparent background. Then we take that into the edit text tab. Put numbers on it so a student can replace the score in Live production just as the templates can do provided by NewTek when you purchase the TriCaster.

Once we export and the new templates appears in the Live Production area, when you click on the template to edit the score if you accidentally click on the background a window pops up and wants to add another background.

Is there a way to change this from happening?