PDA

View Full Version : Text editor is not making sense?

txiong
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
On my TCXD300 I modify a text template but things are not where I place them. For example, my Live Session is 1080i, There's 3 outputs on the XD300, 2 for HD and 1 for SD 4:3. I'm sending 1080i out the inhouse monitors and SD 4:3 out to microwave. The issue is my text templates are getting cut off so I adjust them in the text editor. I place all text align center but when I overlay them, they're way off center. I'm I missing some setting options in live text or what's going on with my tcxd300. Anyone know?

Lee-AVP
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
On my TCXD300 I modify a text template but things are not where I place them. For example, my Live Session is 1080i, There's 3 outputs on the XD300, 2 for HD and 1 for SD 4:3. I'm sending 1080i out the inhouse monitors and SD 4:3 out to microwave. The issue is my text templates are getting cut off so I adjust them in the text editor. I place all text align center but when I overlay them, they're way off center. I'm I missing some setting options in live text or what's going on with my tcxd300. Anyone know?

Your overlay positioner is enabled. Hit little positioned settings button on the overlay control area and reset it.

joseburgos
09-23-2011, 06:35 AM
So to be clear, it looks bad on HD and SD out puts or only good on HD and not SD?
You are using DSK 1 or 2 and not Virtual input overlay?
The title looks right in the network monitor but not on program out (if its this then see Lee's response)?

Take care,

Lee-AVP
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I am going to give up trying to respond to the forums from my iPad. Any technical jargon, like "positioner," gets changed, and I end up having to make so many fixes, I end up being very brief.

Plus, the scroll bars never work, so I can't go up and down to look at other responses while I'm writing. Ugg.

I suspect that what's happening is that you are building your title in the text editor, centering it up, and all looks great.

The problem is, whatever you are using to overlay your title (either DSK1, DKS2, or the overlay channel of your Virtual Input) has its positioner enabled.

So even though the title itself is built correctly, it could be scaled, rotated, or moved via the positioner of the layer that is overlaying it.