PDA

View Full Version : UI..ridiculous..again screwups

prometheus
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
well guys puke on me for this..so many threads I guess regarding this..
But newtek..this is ridiculous..

booting up computer...worked with a model in lightwave 9.6 32 bit...trying to open lw 10.0 ...no I am avoiding 10.1 because of the screwups of color configs..

but guess what...starting 10.0 Still ask for that damn es file..:cursin::cursin:

How the heck can this occour when I had booted up the computer and I didnīt use 10.1 version...and last time before computer shut down I was working with the 10.0 version??

No..I need to work in 10.0 ..right now since a plugin doesnīt work in 10.1
so removing 10.0 is out of the question right now.
Maybe the best would be to remove 10.1 instead?..what a waste.

:cursin:

Michael

Cageman
09-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I successfully run LW10.0 and LW10.1 at work and at home without any "infections" from LW10.1. (the only thing to make sure of is to close the hub before doing a switch over to whatever version). Yes... it did happen to me a couple of times in the past. The trick is; make your LW10.0 configs clean and then writeprotect them after you have scanned all the plugins etc.

EDIT: I also use custom Config-paths for each version of LW.

prometheus
09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I successfully run LW10.0 and LW10.1 at work and at home without any "infections" from LW10.1. (the only thing to make sure of is to close the hub before doing a switch over to whatever version). Yes... it did happen to me a couple of times in the past. The trick is; make your LW10.0 configs clean and then writeprotect them after you have scanned all the plugins etc.

EDIT: I also use custom Config-paths for each version of LW.

Yes I did close the hub..checked the taske manager that nothing was running too, but I didnīt even had lw10.1 open or used since I was starting from a reboot...then used lw 9.6 ....modeled a part..close hub..open lw 10.0 and then Bang..couldnīt find...:cursin::cursin:

I guess I have to follow your advice to write protect the configs, I do change ofton in menus sometimes or add plugs..so I would be happy if I wouldnīt have to do that.

But I guess I will be less happy with it going on like this..so Iīll try your advice in the future I guess.

Thanks.

erikals
09-23-2011, 02:53 AM
just curious, what plug...?

prometheus
09-23-2011, 05:20 AM
just curious, what plug...?

The dynamite voxel plugin to use on particles or poly/points..

once installed, and when clicking up the UI of dynamite Lw 10.1 just freezes
..And not just freeze of lightwave, the whole computer system freezes so much that I have to reboot the whole computer.

in 10.0 it works without such hazzle, thou I seem to get some crashes using vpr with particles, I need to track down where that happens, sometimes it works with particles, but not sure if thatīs because of non metaball particles or not, or because of the amount or complexity of the particle system.
At least I can work with dynamite in LW 10.0...but in 10.1 it crashes both lightwave and freezes the whole system.

http://vimeo.com/28587261

Michael