PDA

View Full Version : Ridley scottīs "PROMETHEUS" PEAK IMAGES

prometheus
09-22-2011, 11:40 AM
No fake trailers, just compiled images from setting of the upcoming prometheus..

Looks very back to the first alien style.

I hope they do get a good guy doing some new soundtrack thou, I wouldnīt like to hear a bit of the old Jerry goldsmith stuff ..even thou it was wonderful at that time.

Did you guys notice the eagle in the beginning? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3fIp0b0pCz8

Michael

safetyman
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
The eagle is part of Ridley Scott's animated logo for his production company, Scott Free Productions, or am I missing something?

prometheus
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
The eagle is part of Ridley Scott's animated logo for his production company, Scott Free Productions, or am I missing something?

Uhhmm..well yeah, I wonder how long he had that as a logo, I was thinking it had something with the movie prometheus itself or something, the eagle eating on prometheus liver every day once it grow back...sort of the consequences of what we do always comes back to haunt us if we do bad things.
But maybe itīs just a logo...choosen to symbolize free or something?

Michael

wrightyp100
09-23-2011, 02:54 AM
The stills, while poor quality do look great. Kinda excited about this now...

wrightyp100
09-23-2011, 02:57 AM
Just re-read my last post. A bit contradictory, but I stand by it non the less.

safetyman
09-23-2011, 05:22 AM
So I'm still confused as to the theme of this movie. Is it a prequel to Alien? Is it a sequel? Is it totally in a different "universe"? I understand it has the space jockey in it seen in the first Alien film, so that would make it related, but then they say it's not a sequel or prequel.

Myagi
09-23-2011, 07:03 AM
From what I've gathered it's a prequel in the sense that it's about events that happen earlier in the same universe. It's however seems distant distant enough that it largely could considered a standalone movie. I mean Scott apparently wants to distance himself as there are no clear references to Alien, even though that surely would be a bonus for marketing, which I'm sure in 99.9% of the hollywood cases would have it as Alien: Prometheus. Who knows if the studio will overrule that closer to the release and plaster Alien references on posters and trailers.

wrench
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow. In what world is that HD? Perhaps if you viewed YouTube on a Commodore 64?

B