PDA

View Full Version : depth problems

atomic_ape
10-13-2003, 06:09 AM
I'm having problems when using an rpf in dfx.
I have saved it out of lightwave with the extended rpf image filter. When I load it into dfx and look at the z buffer (z button on the viewer) it appears that objects right at the back to mid ground are shaded correctly black at back to white at front, but then the objects in front of these are shaded from black to white again. Kind of as if it started at the back and ran out of range halfway to the front so decided to start from black again.
Is there some sort of range tool in LW to control the zDepth scale, am I missing something, can anyone help!

cheers

stunt_monkey

duderender
09-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Same boat here. It appears that LW is not applying the Z-gradient properly. Once thing I am not sure on, but I am assuming that since DFX+ is 8bit, you have to set the Z-depth to be 8-bit as well on your rla/rpf export.

Anyone else have more info?

duderender
09-13-2004, 10:10 AM
I have attached two images, the first is a "default" z channel, the second is my assumption of how it should look.

Johnnyx
10-02-2004, 02:32 PM
...its the volumetrics that's messing things up. I *think* the only answer will be to comp the volume light as a seperate depth layer...

Render the shot without the volume .. see if I am right...

J