PDA

View Full Version : ~~Going For A Stroll..~~

zapper1998
09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
~~Going For A Stroll..~~

Mech.Walker. By: 3D_CG (me Mike, zapper1998)
Buildings By: MoeBius87
~

Final post done in Photoshop..
~
~

No post
~

Rendered in LW 10.1 64 bit...
Massive ray-tracing settings..maxed them out.. still rendered in less than 1 hr.

It Probably needs a few more adjustments ....

Still trying to get a decent looking scene going here...
Lighting has been a pain in the rear trying to get the right look...
There is a little bit of Fog, By: Polk V-Fog, cool plugin...
Still working on the rigging this beast, have been getting the objects set up, getting the Hydraulic Cylinders all set up using IK is so much fun....
Tried using bones but it is lots more work... than IK.

Mike

renderwerx
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
the modeling is good
but the fog in the scene gives the look of overclocked ambient-lighting and kills your Mach-Walker being amongst a global illumination fireworks.

I suggest trying to do another render (10minutes at max in LightWave antialiasing set to classic low enhanced, Ray Recursion limit by that scene as no glass etc, etc, set it as default 6, Final Gather 2 bounces, min-max spacing 5 and 50)

regards

zapper1998
09-21-2011, 07:14 AM
tk
i will try that

tk
:)

abdelkarim
09-22-2011, 04:33 AM
modeling is great and detail ex.. . nice one .

i would like to see this one with hdri if u have time ? . i wonder how looks like if u give it some reflection and using hdri map . what realistic photo u get it . :D .

zapper1998
09-22-2011, 05:53 AM
hey ...
thank you ...
I will try that next..

Mike

zapper1998
09-23-2011, 05:31 AM
This Is with HDR, used as For Image World, Environment.
Radiosity Backdrop Only radiosity

~~~~~~
The Sun I turned off I was using Sunsky Environment and the sunsky in the Lights color envelope.

VPR is nice I like VPR for previewing ..

dsol
09-28-2011, 08:31 AM
If possible, try adding some small bevels to those sharp-edged buildings in the background. They're looking very CG at the moment. Nice mech tho!

abdelkarim
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
nice. i think u used hdri image without buildings 3d in bg . i mean u used hdr in envi texturing . in black space. and just one ground to cast shadow and hdri . without used cg building or anythink behind . to get propre and nice lighting quality and reflection to .

do some compositing from realworld . u can find good hdri for google or u just used smart ibl . :D .

MAUROCOR
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I think the robot is great but may you could work a little bit more in the building/walls textures and the integration. Maybe you could try another light. I miss shadows of contact, if you know what I mean.
But it is nice.
Congrats!