PDA

View Full Version : TCXD300 Stream setting?

txiong
09-20-2011, 11:20 AM
We've had the tcxd300 for a week now. One problem I can figure out is my stream records are only 4x3. We are recording in 1080i 16x9 format but the stream only comes out 4x3 and it crops my video. Is there settings for the Stream Record?

Lee-AVP
09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Are you looking at the stream archive (probably a flash f4v file) or at the mpeg recorded with the "record" button?

Or are you looking at an archive on the internet from your web stream?

txiong
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
LEE-AVP, I'm looking at the wmv files in the Saved Streams folder, unless they are located somewhere else I'm not aware of.

Lee-AVP
09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
So those are the archive versions of the web stream, and will be in whatever format the web stream is set to. In your case, it seems at you have been streaming in 4:3, as set in the stream settings gear.

Now, if you want to use the internal recorder for high quality 16x9 files, look in the record settings by clicking the gear next to the record button. I believe sessions record to the session media folder, and will be in mpeg format.

txiong
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I actually want to use the stream wmv files for our video server because our old server only accepts wmv files. The files are being cropped on its sides so my only work around would be to frame my subjects inside the 4:3 safe zone even thought I'm recording in HD. There doesn't seem to be a setting adjustment for the stream record, unless some one knows out there.

Lee-AVP
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
What stream profile are you using? What resolution? The stream archive should be the same resolution - and thus aspect ration - that you set when you pick the wmv stream from the list of available stream profiles.

Lee-AVP
09-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Now that I think about it though, I'm curious to know the mechanism by which the stream system decides if it should be cropping or scaling.

But - the first thing we need to known is how you have configured your stream, as that is what will be reflected in the archive file.

emrap
10-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I know when I stream to livestream the size of the video is part of the RTMP settings..I need to input width=16 height=9 to get the stream to be the correct aspect..