PDA

View Full Version : Need a grapevine

jimiclaybrooks
09-19-2011, 12:57 PM
I need to draw some vines in a scene. I can do it with splines, but with the number of vines that I have to do, it would be really time intensive. Does anyone know of a tool that will draw vines across a surface, say a large rock or a cliff, so that the vines cling to the surface? thanks

nickdigital
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Ivy generator?
http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/

jimiclaybrooks
09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
As one brother already said:
"Nick, U DA MAN!"
THANKS so much for this heads up. I knew that there was a plugin in blender for this,but I didn't know this was available as a standalone app. :thumbsup:Much appreciate your help. I'll post some images when I'm done.

jeric_synergy
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
??? Even if it weren't standalone, I wouldn't be afraid of Blender just to make one object, and get it back out to LW.

Ive Generator is really fun.

jimiclaybrooks
09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Lately I've been spending a lot of time in blender, so that's not an issue for me. What happened was, I tried the tool in blender and it just didn't work, so I posted my question on the forum. When I have more time, I'll try my hand at the Ivy tool in blender again, I just don't have time right now.:thumbsup:

jeric_synergy
09-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think (TMK) there is an Ivy tool within Blender: I think this Ivy Generator is just memetically connected to Blender because of history or something. After all, it outputs OBJ files, which many program can use. (Of course, Blender changes daily, so maybe there is now.)

Anyway, it's free and it's fun, two things I like. >;^)

toeknee
09-20-2011, 07:17 PM
You know, I had kind of a weird idea have you tried Denis Pontonnier's
DP Verdure - Mesh Tools here is the link.
they are so easy to use and you might be able to control them so they behave more like vines. Good luck and I hope it works out.
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Verdure.html

toeknee
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey jimiclaybrooks I just tryed it and like thought you can easily make vines with this. I did them on the wall of a building. just make the trunk very small.