PDA

View Full Version : MoCap_BVH_Setup versus Mocap Skelegons

ASCIISkull
09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Is there a way to either import skelegons from a mocap file that match the gimbal boned skeleton created by MoCap_BVH_Setup in Layout, or alternately import BVH animations into a skeleton that matches the 'Mocap Skelegons' tool in Modeler?

mummyman
10-12-2011, 09:57 AM
If you're still checking into this...I just found some tutorials that has to do with making a rig in Modeler, naming the bones a specific way, then exporting a .FBX file and bringing it into Animeeple. Then, you can import a .bvh file into Animeeple, then export a .dae, back into Lightwave 10.1. It makes its own weighted object. Just have to match bone names...etc.. it yields ok results. Just starting to mess with this workflow.

Brett

Afalk
10-12-2011, 10:31 AM
I'd love to see those tutorials, can you share a link or share the source?

mummyman
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Ok...attached is the Lightwave setup for 9.6 (same basically if you're using 10.1)

The most challenging part for me was in Animeeple, and matching the bone names. You'll probably get the hang of it. Making the bones in Modeler was pretty simple...but I've attached the skelegons for you as an object as well. Just pop them into your model and fit them to your guy. Also, you need to have the arms of your model "out" and not to the sides.

Hope any of this can help you out. I got some pretty cool bvh's from a website.. All free. They are here: https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture

I picked the "daz-friendly" versions and they worked for me. Keep me posted! I'll be glad to help out....if I can.

Afalk
10-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks Mummyman, hugely appreciated. And I'm delighted to see that you used the cgspeed collection -- I have those downloaded as well.

Regards,

AF

mummyman
10-13-2011, 08:24 AM
No problem! Hope it helps. One thing I could mention, is when you are using Animeeple, and finally attach the motion capture file...obviously, there will be some imperfections. But when you export as a .dae file for Lightwave, it saves out an object that is weighted to the bones. So you can tweek it after in Lightwave. Hope you are using 10.1 because the directions in the pdf for 9.6 are totally useless for 10.1. All you have to do is open the dae in 10.1 and it opens perfectly! No rotation, or tweeking of replacement objects.

Good luck!

mummyman
10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
PS... are you working on something for fun? or work-related? Love to see some tests sometime. I'll have to do the same...post some tests.