PDA

View Full Version : Deepfreeze TriCaster 850 Extreme?

Beaumon
09-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello,

I want to Deepfreeze my C drive on my 850 Extreme. Since the D,E,F,G drives have all the content of my projects, what would be the repercussions of doing this only on the C drive.

I have used Deepfreeze on a bunch of computers and it is one amazing program! It is basically invisible to the user and computer until reboot, where it resets the drive back to the point of when I froze it, even a Defrag. You can spend an hour defraging your drive, reboot and then it all is magically redone for example.

I just want to make sure that nothing on the C drive will affect my projects if the files it creates on the C drive during a project gets deleted (i.e., I reboot).

I will never have to worry about Viruses, Defraging the C drive and damage to the OS and Program files. I would just have to reboot to clear them and put them back to normal, and not have to do a restore.

If you want to know more about DF, here is their site: http://www.faronics.com/enterprise/deep-freeze/

Any issues with me doing this?

Thank you,

Beau

Beaumon
09-21-2011, 05:30 AM
I guess I need to try it?

SBowie
09-21-2011, 07:04 AM
I didn't want to offer a knee-jerk reaction. If I did, it would be 'forget it', but I thought you'd likely expect that without being told and wanted to see if anyone offered personal experience.

That aside, here's my two cents. First, there are data (that just feels wrong, doesn't it, but it's grammatical) related to components of the TriCaster software that are stored on C in a variety of fairly obscure places. Whether any of these change from session to session or not, I'm not sure (I think a few at least do, but some would perhaps not be critical ... things like 'last LiveText project loaded', etc.)

My larger concern would be the nature of the DeepFreeze software. Anything that monitors system activity during operation would be a definite no-no; really any unnecessary resident process. If it, say, simply takes a snapshot when run and then kills itself, re-awakening briefly to restore on the next restart then turning itself off again immediately, it might not be too evil, if the other concerns don't worry you too much.

Beaumon
12-03-2011, 05:54 AM
With all the issues i am experiencing right now, not going to try it.

Bockos
12-08-2011, 05:13 PM
What issues are you having? We have had nothing but trouble with our new 850 Extreme.

wftiv
12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
My 850 Extreme should have "trouble" as its middle name. It is now on its way back to NewTek as I type. Lemon juice comes to mind! :-)