PDA

View Full Version : BALWUG (MD / Baltimore / Annapolis)

klanderud
03-01-2003, 10:16 PM
BALWUG, had a very successful start.
We were able to see demo reels, animations, commericals, short films, printout of models, and an eye drop animation that many of the group members had completed in the past. We were also able to get some freelancing work to those who did attend.

Most of the members use multiple animation or modeling software. Besides LW we have several people that also use Maya, Stuido Max, Poser Pro, etc. and most of the people in the group are well versed in Video Editing.

Normally we plan on weekly meetings every Wed night 7pm to 9pm.

Meetings are normally held at the same location.
7 PM at AACC in Cade Bldg Room 123.

Please contact me if you would like additional info
Timothy Klanderud
441 Century Vista Drive
Arnold, MD 21012
410-647-4083 (Wed, Thur, and weekends)
410-298-4966 (anyother time)

My email is
[email protected]

Directions is located below:

Anne Arundel Community College
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012-1895
410-777-7100 (Schools #)

Driving Directions

From Washington or Annapolis: Take Route 50 east to exit 27, Route 2 north (Governor Ritchie Highway) toward Baltimore. Stay on Route 2 for about three miles. Turn right on College Parkway. The first right turn is the campus entrance.

From Baltimore: From Interstate 695 take exit 2, Route 10 toward Severna Park. Stay on Route 10 until it ends at Route 2 (Governor Ritchie Highway). Follow Route 2 south about five miles. Turn left on College Parkway. The first right turn is the campus entrance.

klanderud
03-13-2003, 02:26 PM
We are meeting again this Wed (March 19th) 7pm,
This meeting I plan cover UV texture maps and Endomorph again for those who have missed it and Prof. Berger is planning to show another technique.

Held at the same location at AACC.

klanderud
03-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Because of spring break.
next meeting will not be held at AACC,

It will be held at Craigs place
Which is in Baltimore.

His email is
[email protected]

I will post the address and direction once it is emailed to me.

klanderud
03-25-2003, 01:56 PM
March 26th, Wednesday at 7:00 PM.

Directions:
from Pasadena area: Take 97 or 10 north to 695.
Take 695 west towards Towson.
Exit 695 At exit 17 Security Blvd. bear right off the ramp towards woodlawn. (do not go under the freeway if you end up at Security Mall you have gone the wrong way Turn around)
Turn Left at the second light in front of Fox Chevrolet (look for giant fox) This is woodlawn/Gwynoak Ave (it changes names back and forth). You will immediately pass in front of a Nissan/Pontiac dealer and then Woodlawn high school. Continue on Woodlawn/GwynOak Ave thru several lights. You will pass a large police station on your right and a dammed stream and park on your left. In about five minutes you should pass Liberty Hts. Blvd. (also Liberty Road) this is a very built up area with a New York Fried chicken on one corner and an Amoco (I think) station on another.

Continue on Woodlawn/GwynOak Ave. (it's GwynOak at this point) and turn left on post road in front of a small faded yellow store. (this is at the point where the cement road dividers end for good).

On post go to the first stop sign and you will see my house on the right ahead of you. There is a 4' Blue Heron cut out of plywood on one of the white columns. Park anywhere nearby.

4504 Fernhill Ave. (Post and Fernhill come together in front of my house)
410-664-6020
410-371-0072 (cel)

From the North take 83 south into the city and exit at Northern Parkway Headed south and west towards Pimlico racetrack and Sinai Hospital. Take northern parkway past Reisterstown Road (exxon station/McDonalds on right)
Turn left under the Metro overpass onto Wabash Ave. (first light after Reisterstown rd) Turn right at second light on Rogers Ave (first light just goes into metro parking lot). A short ways down Rogers look for Groveland. When you see Groveland think to yourself... I have to turn left now. At that point you will be in front of Post Road a small road that only goes to your left.
Turn Left onto post road and go to the third stop sign. At the third stop sign look back over your left shoulder and you will see my house with the Heron on it. Make a left around the circle and park nearby. My house is exactly at the junction of Fernhill Ave. and Post Road.

Craig Herron
4504 Fernhill

klanderud
03-28-2003, 01:08 PM
The next meeting will be held at
AACC again, April 2nd Wed 7:00pm
Look for direction from the original post above.

Notes from last meeting:
Last meeting we covered UV baking and UV hair.
We also reviewed Adobe After Effects.
We may review UV baking and UV hair April 2nd meeting.

klanderud
04-04-2003, 11:57 AM
AACC again, April 9th Wed 7:00pm

Hope to see you there,

Tim

Cman
04-10-2003, 01:35 PM
How about April 16th?

klanderud
04-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes April 16th Wed 7:00pm is still good.

AACC again (In Arnold), (April 16th Wed 7:00pm)

We should cover cyclist, baker and possibily more.

Hope to see you there,

Tim

kevman3d
04-14-2003, 03:56 AM
Hey,

Sounds like you guys are rocking! :D Keep it up - I always think its great when LWUG's get spinning and keep on going!

Kevin Phillips
NZLWUG (http://www.geocities.com/kiwaver)

klanderud
04-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks we hope to keep it going and hopefully it will remain strong with the good LW school location near it.
BTW Nice website, maybe are group should start up a web site or something like that.

Next meeting will be held at AACC in the same location
on the original post above.
Wed. 23rd 7ish.

We are going to introduce Vue which is a landscape program created by E-on software. Which is similar to Bryce.
But Vue has a very nice mesh level control export capablitiy.
It exports nicely into LW.
E-on software also produces a software program called Ozone.
Ozone is a plugin that allows LW to generate Vue Sky’s and Atmosphere and allows Atmospheric imports from Vue.
Both are very user freindly, easy to use and great for LW.

I hope to see everyone there,

Tim

kevman3d
04-22-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by klanderud
BTW Nice website, maybe are group should start up a web site or something like that.

A web site is a great communications tool - You can post up what you did at meetings, tips, tricks, tutorials, local news, links, resources and more.

Its important for me since the LWUG has to cover an entire country, not just a city! (though most US cities are probably bigger then our entire country!) :)

However - Its almost a full time job keeping it updated (and I'm a slacker so it goes for months un-updated!) so if you have a user who has a tonne of spare time and likes playing with web sites, see what you can do! :)

klanderud
05-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I could not make it to last week meeting and didn't post.
I had to much stuff going on and had to go to the airport.
But the meeting went on as usual.

We will plan to meet at AACC again Wed 7:00pm, May7th,

Tim

klanderud
05-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Next meeting will be held at Arundel Mills Mall.
May 14th Wed, 7pm at Rommons Restaurant

7000 Arundel Mills Circle
Hanover, MD 21076
443-755-8992

From AACC (South) to Arundel Mills Mall
1. Turn Right on COLLEGE PKY 0.8 miles
2. Turn Right on MD-2 NORTH 5.2 miles
3. Take the MD-10 NORTH/(MD-100) ramp 0.1 miles
4. Continue on ARUNDEL EXPY 0.7 miles
5. Merge on MD-10 NORTH/MD-100 WEST 0.5 miles
6. Continue on MD-100 WEST 8.3 miles
7. Take the ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD/MD-713 exit towards FT MEADE, exit #10 0.3 miles
(Note: don't forget exit 10, you can turn around on Coca Cola Drive if you do miss it)
8. Turn Left on ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD 0.3 miles
9. Turn Right on BASS PRO DR 0.1 miles
10. Turn Left on ARUNDEL MILLS CIR 0.1 miles

From North to Arundel Mills Mall
1. Merge on I-695 SOUTH
2. Take the 11A/11B/I-95 NORTH/I-95 SOUTH exit towards WASHINGTON 0.7 miles
3. Merge on I-95 SOUTH 5.7 miles
4. Take the MD-100 EAST exit towards GLEN BURNIE, exit #43A 0.4 miles
5. Merge on MD-100 EAST 3.6 miles
6. Take the ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD/MD-713 SOUTH exit towards FT MEADE, exit #10A 0.3 miles
7. Continue on ARUNDEL MILLS BLVD 0.1 miles
8. Turn Right on BASS PRO DR 0.1 miles
9. Turn Left on ARUNDEL MILLS CIR

We are meeting right across Muvico Egyptian Theaters on the inside at Rommons Restaurant (not sure if it is spelled right)

klanderud
05-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Directions to Herron
May 21st, Wednesday at 7:00 PM.

Directions:
from Pasadena area: Take 97 or 10 north to 695.
Take 695 west towards Towson.
Exit 695 At exit 17 Security Blvd. bear right off the ramp towards woodlawn. (do not go under the freeway if you end up at Security Mall you have gone the wrong way Turn around)
Turn Left at the second light in front of Fox Chevrolet (look for giant fox) This is woodlawn/Gwynoak Ave (it changes names back and forth). You will immediately pass in front of a Nissan/Pontiac dealer and then Woodlawn high school. Continue on Woodlawn/GwynOak Ave thru several lights. You will pass a large police station on your right and a dammed stream and park on your left. In about five minutes you should pass Liberty Hts. Blvd. (also Liberty Road) this is a very built up area with a New York Fried chicken on one corner and an Amoco (I think) station on another.

Continue on Woodlawn/GwynOak Ave. (it's GwynOak at this point) and turn left on post road in front of a small faded yellow store. (this is at the point where the cement road dividers end for good).

On post go to the first stop sign and you will see my house on the right ahead of you. There is a 4' Blue Heron cut out of plywood on one of the white columns. Park anywhere nearby.

4504 Fernhill Ave. (Post and Fernhill come together in front of my house)
410-664-6020
410-371-0072 (cel)

From the North take 83 south into the city and exit at Northern Parkway Headed south and west towards Pimlico racetrack and Sinai Hospital. Take northern parkway past Reisterstown Road (exxon station/McDonalds on right)
Turn left under the Metro overpass onto Wabash Ave. (first light after Reisterstown rd) Turn right at second light on Rogers Ave (first light just goes into metro parking lot). A short ways down Rogers look for Groveland. When you see Groveland think to yourself... I have to turn left now. At that point you will be in front of Post Road a small road that only goes to your left.
Turn Left onto post road and go to the third stop sign. At the third stop sign look back over your left shoulder and you will see my house with the Heron on it. Make a left around the circle and park nearby. My house is exactly at the junction of Fernhill Ave. and Post Road.

Craig Herron
4504 Fernhill

klanderud
05-26-2003, 06:40 PM
AACC, May 28th Wed 7:00pm
;) Look for direction from the original post above.

klanderud
06-03-2003, 07:18 PM
AACC, June 4th Wed 7:00pm

bwessner
11-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi,
Can you tell me if your group is still meeting and, if so, when and where is your next event?
Thanks.