PDA

View Full Version : LiveText Crashes on Project File AND Backup!

ZachSchuster
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I cannot believe this. After putting hours in to my CG project file for the upcoming volleyball season, LiveText is now crashing on both the original project file AND the backup that I have been creating (in the event that the original file got corrupted).

I've restarted the laptop, to no avail. LiveText will open other projects with no problem.

My first game is tomorrow and I need to start from scratch? I have 275 Datalink variables. Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

:cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin::cursin:

SBowie
09-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Wow, that's not good. I think I'd call CS for advice, Zach. Were you working on the integrated LT, or standalone?

ZachSchuster
09-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I spent an extra long night rebuilding everything. I'll contact support next week. Also, on pages with a high number of datalink variables, I am creating tham as single page projects, then importing them in to the master project.

SBowie
09-16-2011, 07:56 AM
With a very large number of pages, I wonder if there's any system you could use that would let you use multiple projects ...

ZachSchuster
09-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Possibly. This project only had about 20 pages, but three or four pages had a high number of datalink variables. One had over 100 (pulling conference standings from a website file). I can't confirm a link between that and the crash, though. Probably will never know the answer... just a kick in the teeth.

We'll have a great webcast tonight. Our team is on the road to its FIFTH straight D2 national championship. The truck is newly rewired and the 850 EXTREME is at the core of the system. Cugoldenbears.com if anyone is interested in watching!

SBowie
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
It's possibly the hug number of variables, don't know. Were it possible to use a SQL query instead, it might be much simpler. A single query can return multiple sequential variables.