PDA

View Full Version : Fresnel - Adding color to fresnel

HolyMonkey-
09-15-2011, 06:46 AM
Howdy, in a few other programs you have an option to choose the darker and white color of the fresnel effect(Any color for that matter). I've been trying to mimic this in LW, but with no luck.

Anyone know how to apply color to your choosing on the fresnel effect?

Thank you, and god bless! =)

Danner
09-15-2011, 07:23 AM
gradient using incidence angle

dwburman
09-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Are you using a fresnel shader?

HolyMonkey-
09-16-2011, 04:06 AM
Danner I have very little knowledge on this. I need you to be more specific and preferably using imagery.

In other programs you just add the fresnel to the material/shader, and set in the color like a gradient.

Lightwave I have no clue, all I know is you can add "Fast Fresnel, and Real fresnel" in the shader tab when it comes to fresnel.

Cheerio!

@ dwburman, well the fast fresnel shader yeah, but I wouldnt mind learning a few ways to add the fresnel color. =)

PS - If you have any handy texturing tutorials on the node editor. Please share.

Offtopic

---- One more thing, when I use the conductor and add roughness, in animations the roughness in the material say it be a metal bench. Turns into moving noise which is quite annoying. Got any idea what im on about and how to fix? using a random HDRI map with oren nayer.

Danner
09-16-2011, 05:03 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=lightwave+texturing&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1

Instead of making a tut myself I decided to look for one and found this.

in the first link "LightWave V9 Texturing" he has a chapter where he textures a hat with gradients.

HolyMonkey-
09-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Wow awesome!!! Thanks danner