PDA

View Full Version : Smart Snap (or somesuch)

Nightglow
09-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I've been doing some archvis work in my free time as of late. I'm working on some furniture, pull a bit of it from another layer, merge my points and all... and not all of them are right on top of another, and now I get to spend the next 15 minutes or so snapping them to each other one at a time. Even worse if I can't get close enough to one of them to select only one!
A tool that would let me select several points and have them just snap to the nearest point would be awesome. Heck, even a feature that would let me select a pair of points and average their locations together would be a dramatic improvement over doing it point by point by point by hand.

jeric_synergy
09-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Someone will probably chime in, well, NOW, but: if you are doing ArchViz work, you might as well just go ahead and buy .... oh great, the forum renovation makes it impossible to find the name. Great.

Forced to go to SpinQuad. Bleagk.

Here we go: http://www.wtools3d.com/
Save yourself a huge headache, and just purchase LWCad NOW. You'll thank me.

kopperdrake
09-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Ditto - buy LWCAD - thank me too ;)

COBRASoft
09-15-2011, 12:55 PM
LWCAD: you'll thank Viktor, the developer of it :D!

hrgiger
09-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Heck, even a feature that would let me select a pair of points and average their locations together would be a dramatic improvement over doing it point by point by point by hand.

As others have pointed out, LWCAD is a must.

But for simply selecting a pair of points and averaging their locations, you can do that with the stretch tool using selection action center.

jeric_synergy
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Heck, even a feature that would let me select a pair of points and average their locations together would be a dramatic improvement over doing it point by point by point by hand.
??? Isn't that what WELD AVERAGE does?