PDA

View Full Version : Rotate multiple bones

greg.reyna
09-12-2011, 12:34 AM
I've got 24 spheres with one vertical bone in each, they all need to be rotated in unison at specific frames during the animation. I thought I'd be able to select them all in the Scene Editor, but I see that isn't happening.

Since each bone is parented to the sphere it's in, parenting the bones to a Null would mean each bone would have two parents--something I've never tried. I know there must be a way to handle this, but I can't think of what that is. The spheres have been cloned to particles via FX Linker, in case that makes a difference.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,

Greg

RebelHill
09-12-2011, 02:55 AM
yeah, nope... u wont be able to select multiple bones that exist under different meshes (or nulls) at the same time.

If all are moving in unison though, ur best bet will be to spend 10mins in motion options and set 23 of them to have their rotations set same as item to the 24th, then you can control al together.

greg.reyna
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks! I was stuck on the idea of bones. After running FX Linker to replace the 24 particles with spheres I saw that for some reason sphere #3 appeared in the front of the partigon emitter. I parented the other 23 sphers to #3, turning off all axes except Heading on each one.

I'm writing this out so anyone searching on this subject will understand what's happening here.

Greg