PDA

View Full Version : Camera in modeler...?

magoo
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Having to model landscape from a captured plate recently I found the process a bit limiting having to hop back and forth between Layout and Modeler.

Being able to set up a Modeler window with Layout camera settings and the comping options would have helped the process a great deal!

A bit left field I know, but as it doesn't look like we'll be getting a unified app for the time being, it might help work flow?

vector
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe very useful for camera mapping. the most useful way I found is ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/MatchBackground_web.mov

but I think it could be improved with a specific tool.

Vector

magoo
09-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Thanks but, wow!... that's a pretty roundabout way to do it!

To me one of LW's strengths is in this type of work, so it would be nice to see it enhanced a bit!

erikals
09-12-2011, 06:31 AM
sorry, yes, another way, a plugin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8xPV2Gs0ic&NR=1

(located here, http://www.3dcel.jp/)

but yes, these are limitations...

magoo
09-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Nice, but it would be better to be able to match stuff while accessing all the modeling tools.
So is this a possibility Newtek guys?

erikals
09-13-2011, 02:47 AM
they stated they are gonna add some modeling tools in Layout,
so i'd expect to see this in Lightwave 11.

how advanced they will be?... no idea...

magoo
09-13-2011, 05:46 AM
To me it makes more sense to go the other way from a workflow perspective.

Having all the tools at your disposal and a way to view the direct result.

erikals
09-13-2011, 06:29 AM
sort of, they have to go one way about it or the other,

i guess they are doing it as many Layout functions would benefit greatly to have modeling tools or functions...

magoo
09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
sort of, they have to go one way about it or the other,

i guess they are doing it as many Layout functions would benefit greatly to have modeling tools or functions...

This doesn't seem to be on the cards for some time to come.

erikals
09-14-2011, 02:05 AM
time will tell...

archijam
09-14-2011, 03:02 AM
This tutorial shows very well what we are missing in the gap between modeler and layout in photomatch modelling ... :

http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/show/7900/making-interior-scene

erikals
09-14-2011, 03:20 AM
as Rob worked on Avatar Previz he is well aware of the major limitation.
so, i'm sure it will be dealt with...

archijam
09-14-2011, 03:46 AM
I agree. The simplest (;)) change would be a) lock modeler view to current camera view and b) modeler background plate from layout bg plate (in order to match with moving camera or animated bg).

The major problem is of course the (potential) separate origin of the object and the lws. All objects would ideally be placed in their exact positions, in this case .. : P

magoo
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
time will tell...

Cue "Mysterious Waiting Music"? ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Rob being 'all over this' means we'll see a way of handling it in an upcoming generation of LW.