PDA

View Full Version : Making a re-cut from extreme footage

Yeusef
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I am looking into the idea of using planning a work flow for corporate videos using the extreme. My question is about the post production workflow. The idea of live is that it doesn't have to be perfect, but this product does. So I know many people will re-cut (edit in post). My questions is HOW??

I am familiar with final cut and laying all tracks into FCP doesn't seem like a real option. Lets say you have 4 sources being recorded mWould you have 4 tracks of footage, and have you "switch"'track on the top? Then any errors you would cut out th switch track and expose the proper angle?

I have heard the term EDL. Edit Decision List. How does the play in? Does the tricaster output a EDL? Does it import to FCP?

I have worked with a multi-clip in final cut, and the way the deal with live footage and takes makes sense.

Thanks in advance guys!

Yeusef

joseburgos
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
You would edit it just like any multicam edit. Since all clips have the same time code, the edit is not hard.

Yeusef
09-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Well, Jose, i trust you. but i will have to try it once to understand for myself. Until then it just seems difficult. Thanks for the re-assurance.

multishow
09-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi, I just recorded in Tricaster 850 extreme (AVI PAL SD) some material that goes to post-production but when I import those AVI files into Premiere CS4 I only get audio. Gspot tells me that the codec is SHQ0. I tried downloading it from the web but the only change is that now I see the thumbnails in the explorer, but I still can't import those files correctly.

Any help is welcome!

joseburgos
09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
What file format did you choose to record in?

multishow
09-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I chose the AVI option

joseburgos
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
You need the NewTek codec which you can download from the downloads section.

multishow
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks Jose. I tried without success to find it on Newtek's web today. I keep searching!!

SBowie
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
The codec pack is listed as "NewTek TriCaster Codec Pack" in your TriCaster personal downloads area .