PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon characters

maxwaver
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi guys,
this is one of a 3 characters i created for a 2 tvc that are already finished few month ago !
will post the other soon as well as the finished tvc once theu are onair.

The character riging / animation were done by Chekirine REDA, know here on the forum with Mr jack nickname. all the rest from modeling to final composting is done by me.

Hope you like.

oliversimonnet
09-11-2011, 04:59 PM
He looks fantastic!!
I look forward to seeing the other 2
Great work!

jeric_synergy
09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Man, that looks SOOooooo 'French'! (Which may or may not be fightin' words in Algiers, my apologies if so.)

Nice work!

zardoz
09-12-2011, 03:20 AM
nice modelling and pose too. Maybe the specular on the skin is a bit too much, but it looks pretty stylish. Congratulations.

vector
09-12-2011, 03:59 AM
I canīt wait for an animation!! Very nice!

Vector

maxwaver
09-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Oliversimonet - thanks man, its always great to hear from you. you know what i completly forget the fourth character, yes i did 4 so it left 3 others :)

jeric_synergy - FRENCH ?? are you talking about the cartoonish style or about face type features ? :)

Zardoz - thank you, i tried to avoid a very dry skin looking we use to see,
tried the new skin shader in LW 10.1, its definetly faster than simple / fast skin and have a better look though, its render really fast in VPR.

Vector - Thanks, will post the animation soon - i'm planing to rerender everything in HD with some improvement, due to the crazy deadlines and algerian tv technical limitations, was forced to render in 4:3 and lowered some parameters to speed up the renders and deliver in time, now i'm free and i do believe that those commercials deserve a refinemet layers.

Thanks

jeric_synergy
09-12-2011, 03:02 PM
jeric_synergy - FRENCH ?? are you talking about the cartoonish style or about face type features ? :)
Both the facial features and the styling (clothes, hair) 'read' French to me.

Great work: it's a very distinct personality, not a generic mannequin. :thumbsup:

oliversimonnet
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Oliversimonet - thanks man, its always great to hear from you. you know what i completly forget the fourth character, yes i did 4 so it left 3 others :)

No problem
Its always good to see your work :)
Haha, just remember to update us with the characters you have left :D

maxwaver
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys, i used to creat or at least try to nail a realistic looking characters and this is the first time i try something cartoonish, its definetly something interssting that i could push further . its involve nice results without hard work compared to realistic characters.
Pixar characters were a great inspiration.

nickdigital
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
The lighting and texturing are top notch.

maxwaver
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
nickdigital - thanks, i use to spend lots of time in rendering.

Here another render.

maxwaver
09-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Close up.

abdelkarim
09-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Nice character hebibi we can see the animation tae Reda . Or mr jack he use realflow v.Well .

Salam alikom :d

oliversimonnet
09-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Nice renders :)
looks great :)

jeric_synergy
09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Maybe add a fly to the pants.

arsad
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
nice character design! The only remark I have is that eyelashes would help define the eyes better.
And for your lights, nice! But be careful with your shadows, they almost always point to another direction than the strongest light in your setup! (Clearly visible in the first picture in this thread, strongest light from left and shadow to the back of the character)

maxwaver
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
jeric_synergy - Yes a fly could add something but due to the crazy deadline ( had to sketch model / sculpt the for characters / props/ facial morphs / animation / rendering and compostin for 2 distinct commercial in 20 days.
This character was a part of the first TVC and at the time allowed in the begining was 1 weeks for that. 4

arsad - thank you arsad.
Yes for the eyelash, and for shadows it true and tough about it ! but wanted a strong light coming from back and avoid to have multi opposite shadows.
Tu trouve vraiment qui'il fait frenchy ce bonhome ? :)

MAUROCOR
10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Very nice character and I love the render.
Congrats!
:thumbsup:

ksnoad
10-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Yep, nice!

When can we see the animation?

Kev xx