PDA

View Full Version : Program Video Out to Video Capture

tigerproducer
09-09-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm looking for a better way to get program video out from a Tricaster TC-350 into some sort of video capture card in another computer, for recording and live streaming.

Currently I am going out of the Tricaster via S-video but something tells me that there is a better way of getting video from the Tricaster, especially in a way that wouldn't require the video to enter the analogue world then back into digital once it reaches its destination. I'm still noticing some loss in clarity when using the S-video method.

Interestingly, I found that, by using a capture card that can take RGB component input, the video quality is actually slightly worse via RGB component than it is via the S-video feed.

The other hurdle I am facing is that my streaming software isn't seeing either the capture card's component inputs nor its HDMI input, but that in itsself is a whole 'nother can o' worms so my question is how can the Tricaster TC-350 send program output video, digitally, to another computer with a capture card, and which capture card would anyone here know would my streaming software be able to recognize?

Thanks, folks.

Orimar
09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi tigerproducer:

Although this a "General Discussion" forum, you may want to post your questions directly in the "TriCaster" section of these forums.

You can find the "TriCaster" section further down, below the LightWave forums.

.O.

OnlineRender
09-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Svideo is bad ...you will lose quality ,even going to minidv for example will cause lossy.. what is gfx card ? sorry don't know how tricaster works ..but I would pipe direct to hdmi gfx card

Silkrooster
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I have to agree with OnlineRender here. if at all possible go with HDMI since it is digital for video and audio. There must be something wrong if your component video is worse than S-video.

As quality normally goes in this order: Composite, S-video, VGA, Component, DVI, HDMI