PDA

View Full Version : Gizmo? arggghh.. im so lost

Sculley
09-08-2011, 04:15 AM
Ok, I do not know who to ask on this subject, but here is my problem, How do you create a Gizmo in lscript so I can use it in an Item Animation script.

I have been trying to find documentation, examples and I am getting absolutely no where. I have read through the SDK-1545 and have read all docs on Gizmo but it has not helped in how to use Gizmos inside of layout lscripts. I know it can be done I just don't know where to start.

I really need peoples help, insight and experience.

Everything is muchly appreciated.

Stephen :help:

evenflcw
09-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Check your native lscripts folder. There should be two or three scripts in there which uses the laytools system (gizmos are a mix of CO and LayoutTool), like the new bone splitter. Just do a text search for tool or gizmo in that folder and you should find them. What your searching for is the reserved function names, something like tooldraw, toolstart or somesuch. Those code examples together with the SDK documentation should provide enough information. Albeit there is still abit of to get used to.

Sculley
09-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Many thanx, I'll check them out, never realised Gizmo and Layout Tool was similiar in any respect.... many thanx.

Wish me luck

Just had a quick read, one thign I am not sure on is can you use those same headers inside of a itemanimation script directly? And how does it know whether to use a gizmo/layout tool or not?

... oh my.. figured it out, its taken me days to find this much and now it works. Is it really that easy... bangs his head on screen ^_^

Many many many thanx.. problem solved and muchly happier!

Thank you EvenFlcw