PDA

View Full Version : Vertically Mountin the TCXD850

digiview
09-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi I have a situation that requires I operate in an area where I can not get my road case into and I need to mount the TCXD850 Vertically.
Anyone have any ideas if operating the Tricaster mounted Vertically will may cause a problem?

Thanks

pro---studio
09-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Because of the fact that hot air moves upwards it could be that your TC will become too hot. You should test this before you try it in a serious production.

Maybe the fans are strong enough to ensure that the airflow inside the TC still cools the system. But only Newtek can give you a real answer to this question.

You could indeed mount it vertically but rotate it by 90 degrees that the front- and rearpanels point to the side. If you do this make shure that the power supplys are on the upper side.

Regards

pro.

PIZAZZ
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I would not suggest this. Find a way for it to be flat as designed. We looked into this for the Smart Car build and there was just too much risk. Biggest issue I see is the CPU fan coming off the motherboard during transit.

digiview
09-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey thanks guys I had not fully considered air flow and CPU mount my focus had been on the hard disk drives. Looks like I will have to redesign the mounting rig, I do like the idea of mount it vertically but rotated by 90 degrees.
Many thanks