PDA

View Full Version : 850 METERS, the making of : Episode 3

Larry_g1s
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
http://vimeo.com/28585796

Caught this on CGTalk. From the Artist:

This film is being made with Lightwave (modeling), Zbrush (Texturing and detail sculpting) and our participating partner; PMG’s MessiahStudio (animation, texturing, shading, lighting and rendering).

You can read and see small posts and WIP¨images on the 850 METERS FACEBOOK page.

We at THURISTAR hope you’ll like it.

Cheers
Joeri

kosmodave
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
That's good and I see they are really "bucking" the trend here and only using Lightwave to model in, and then doing everything else in other packages. Wonder why the rendering is not being done in Lightwave?

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

Dave

Philbert
09-06-2011, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't say only LightWave, there was a shot where the french speaking guy (I didn't catch his name) was modeling in maya.

Edit: Oh wait, I think i misunderstood the post.

Larry_g1s
09-07-2011, 10:56 AM
there was a shot where the french speaking guy (I didn't catch his name) was modeling in maya.And notice how he was able to model in just the perspective view port. Ahhh gizmos. :)

Philbert
09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes unfortunately the gizmo was so huge it blocked what he was trying to see.

Larry_g1s
09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes unfortunately the gizmo was so huge it blocked what he was trying to see.plus and minus key changes the size. ;) Of course when you're working in one viewport, one can afford to have the gizmo larger.

Philbert
09-07-2011, 11:32 AM
How can you afford a larger gizmo? Regardless of viewport size, a big gizmo is still going to get in the way of trying to see vertices.

Larry_g1s
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
How can you afford a larger gizmo? Regardless of viewport size, a big gizmo is still going to get in the way of trying to see vertices.Again, plus and minus keys adjust the size of the gizmo in Maya and it only appears once you've selected the vertices you want, so nothing to get in the way of.

Philbert
09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes, you said you can change it and I accepted that, I was responding to your "it doesn't matter" comment. I've tried to use maya many times and once you've got a selection (and gizmo) you still have to see what you're doing when you're using it. This is a dumb argument anyway, going too far off topic.

Netvudu
09-08-2011, 08:21 AM
I´m really loving this debate about maya gizmos. It´s a major interest and totally on-topic with this short film....

:screwy: