PDA

View Full Version : Surface Baking Camera Issue

Simon-S
09-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to use the surface baking camera to bake light/specular information into my texture and I'm having some problems with the UV Border settings.

When I bake my texture with UV Border set to 0, I get a faint line along the edge of the UV map when the image is reapplied to my model...obviously something I don't want.

If I set the UV Border settings to anything above 0 then the new UV border pixels in my image contains errors, also looking poor when I reapply to my model.

I am creating game assets with quite low texture resolutions so every pixel counts.

Can anyone offer any guidance on how to bake out a clean texture?

Cheers,

Simon

bac9i4mo
09-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Just a couple of quick thoughts...
- It is always better to bake a higher resolution anyway, you can always downsample in pshop ;p. Even when I need 2048 i still bake 4096 or even 8192.
- Souds like your faint edge issue comes from antialiasing or pixel blending. You should post an image of that result, it would help recognize the nature of that problem.

lardbros
09-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Post pics if possible... I've baked stuff in the past, and it looks okay in a render, but crap in the viewport. Also, looked awful when exported to 3dsmax, but it was something to do with the blending on the texture.

So, does the model look okay in an F9 render?

In OpenGL does the problem go away if you up the OpenGL texture resolution size?