PDA

View Full Version : Much Improved Backup Handling for 10.1

clintonman
09-05-2011, 12:35 PM
There's a whole section on the 10.1 whats new pdf file about the "Much Improved Backup Handling". I can't find any information on the old Backup Handling let alone the new and improved.:confused: Can someone point me to where it is in the docs? It sounds useful, but not if I don't know anything about it.

lardbros
09-14-2011, 05:31 AM
There's a whole section on the 10.1 whats new pdf file about the "Much Improved Backup Handling". I can't find any information on the old Backup Handling let alone the new and improved.:confused: Can someone point me to where it is in the docs? It sounds useful, but not if I don't know anything about it.

Right, the 'old backup handling' wasn't anything to write home about really. It was a couple of options in the hub where you could tell it to backup your scenes and objects every 5 or 10 or whatever minutes...

Now, the new one is directly in Layout... so open up your preferences and go to the General Tab (which actually says 'Gen' because the tabs are so small)

Near the bottom there are the autosave options... set them to a frequency you like and it will save inside your set project folder in a folder called backup. (Or you can change this by editing the paths options in the preferences if you want?)

Pretty cool eh? :)

Shame there's not much in the docs about all this stuff!

clintonman
09-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that autosave was the backup.

Philbert
09-24-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't like this. In the past if Modeler was crashing you could leave it alone for a while and often the hub would come in and save your model. If the autosave options were taken out of the hub and out into Modeler, Modeler can't autosave if it's too busy crashing.