PDA

View Full Version : Installing LW on Linux?

The Fallen
10-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Hi there everyone!

Sadly im a linux newby. Ive installed a not so famous linux distribution called gentoo (oh i love it :D ) but i got my problems with wine and co. Can anybody tell me in detail how to install LW on linux and get it running? Would be very kind! :)

Hope you can help me ;)

The Fallen :cool:

sbrandt
10-12-2003, 04:59 PM
I've done some research into DOS apps on Linux for the company I work for. One of the easiest to implement is Xandros. It's list of fully compatible DOS apps is rather short. It can run most of MSOffice but Apps as far out of the mainstream and as complex as LightWave have almost zero chance of running in a WINE type emulation environment. Gentoo seems to be very flexible in the ways it can be configured but I wouldn't get my hopes up for LW.

The Fallen
10-13-2003, 06:32 AM
Sad, really sad... But Ive done a search right now and found some threads were the topic was nearly this and most of the posters said it worked. Its only a lack of deatail for a noob like me ;) Anyone who knows something more concrete (maybe on another linux) ? Anyway, thank you sbrandt, if I find out one day how to get it work Ill open a thread only for this :)

sbrandt
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
That's news to me. I had no idea it was even remotely possible. Go back to the threads you mentioned and send me the links. If it really IS possible I'd LOVE to run on Linux too !!!

The Fallen
10-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah here it is right now. This is the thread where I found most about it but there might be more. Found this one by searching for linux in the future request section :) If you get it work please tell me ;)

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7966&highlight=linux