PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Lightwavev. 9.6 issues need help

ww091979
09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I just reinstalled lightwave v. 9.6 the yesterday, but I cannot seem to get out of discovery mode. Yes, I have went to registration and typed in my license key (which it then tells me I have successfully written) however when I try the program, it says license key has not been found. Is there a spot I can type in license key in the program itself?

Also I did tried installing lightwave 10 as well, maybe that caused confusion? Anyway. I just need 9.6 for now. Please help as soon as possible :help:

Cryonic
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Two things, where did you save the license.key file and is your dongle attached to the computer and recognized by the system?

for LW9.X and before, the license.key file sits in the programs directory (same place as modeler.exe and lightwave.exe).

nickdigital
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Your license key in is the Programs folder, the same folder where Modeler.exe is. It'll be called license.key. Load it into Notepad and put your license string in that way.

c.1
09-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Make sure that you delete ALL the old config. files on your computer and turn off u.a. (user accounts) with win 7