PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Render Complete Sound File

Richard Hebert
09-05-2011, 06:28 AM
I'd like to change the 'Render Complete' alert sound in LightWave. Anyone know where to do this? I imagine that it's an audio file but not sure where to locate it. I want to replace it with something more appropriate to my work environment.

Richard

Lightwolf
09-05-2011, 06:42 AM
I don't think you can. However, on windows you can use the (free) Render Audio Notifier: http://www.db-w.com/products/dbwtools/docs?start=2 (toward the bottom of the page).

Cheers,
Mike

Richard Hebert
09-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Phooey, I knew it. Well, it was worth a try. Thanks for responding. I wanted an interesting sound file like Darth Vader breathing. Just something other than a boring 'bump' sound. I'm on a Mac over here.

Lightwolf
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Phooey, I knew it. Well, it was worth a try. Thanks for responding. I wanted an interesting sound file like Darth Vader breathing. Just something other than a boring 'bump' sound. I'm on a Mac over here.
I've got a Growl plugin for download as well... but at the moment it's 32-bit only (I'd have to re-write it to make it 64-bit compatible and am a bit short on time atm).

Cheers,
Mike

Richard Hebert
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I just bought this Mac Pro. so I'm not really familiar with 32 and 64 bit compatibility issues but I believe I'm about to find out.

Richard

Lightwolf
09-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I just bought this Mac Pro. so I'm not really familiar with 32 and 64 bit compatibility issues but I believe I'm about to find out.
If it's a recent model and you run LW 10.x or 9.6.1 then it will be 64-bit by default.

Cheers,
Mike

Richard Hebert
09-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm about to delve into floating point image technology as well. Pretty much everything I've been reading about but never able to participate (older Mac Mini's are nice but limiting).