PDA

View Full Version : Where's my HardCore Refund!

InfoCentral
09-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Talk about being out of the loop for a while. I was just reading about Siggraph 2011 and was told Core had been scrapped. I have been a LW user since 7.5 and I don't think I even installed 10 yet as was waiting the Core release. Now I'm told 10 is going to be it? What the Hell...

Snosrap
09-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Just e-mail customer service and get it. But you might want to install 10.1 first as it's a pretty decent upgrade. Core technology (such as VPR is) will be included in future versions of LW. More news about the future will be revealed sometime in Nov.

Intuition
09-05-2011, 12:11 AM
NT should do a sticky in the forums somewhere to direct posts like these. Its understandable that many will be surprised and have been out of the loop since communication was effectively down for half a year which prompted people to not check in as often. The sticky could give them info about lw 10.1 or direct them to customer service for refunds.

Lewis
09-05-2011, 01:47 AM
NT should do a sticky in the forums somewhere to direct posts like these. Its understandable that many will be surprised and have been out of the loop since communication was effectively down for half a year which prompted people to not check in as often. The sticky could give them info about lw 10.1 or direct them to customer service for refunds.

Agreed there should be sticky on forums but even more all Lw users should get official e-mail on this, Not all users visit forums or have time for it so that's why occasionally we see such questions here.

erikals
09-05-2011, 03:31 AM
note that you are entitled to VERY cheap future upgrades as a compensation.
you won't get that if you ask for a refund. just saying.
if you want a refund contact NT directly.

akademus
09-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Talk about being out of the loop for a while. I was just reading about Siggraph 2011 and was told Core had been scrapped. I have been a LW user since 7.5 and I don't think I even installed 10 yet as was waiting the Core release. Now I'm told 10 is going to be it? What the Hell...

Why not asking Newtek Costumer Support!?

prometheus
09-05-2011, 03:38 AM
note that you are entitled to VERY cheap future upgrades as a compensation.
you won't get that if you ask for a refund. just saying.
if you want a refund contact NT directly.

Now..where´s that information? and what might
the difference be regarding refund v.s cheap updates?

Michael

SBowie
09-05-2011, 06:55 AM
the difference be regarding refund v.s cheap updates?It's pretty simple: If you want to reverse your investment in HC, talk to CS. Basically, it's what it sounds like.

Someone who opts out reverts to pre-membership state. Among other things, they no longer get the locked-in special pricing that was a membership perk (the locked-in pricing varies depending on whether you joined early and were a so-called 'charter member or not', but is basically either $200 or $300 off the regular upgrade pricing for 5 cycles. (It might be worth mentioning that you also lose this particular perk of HC membership if you skip an upgrade in that time.) Of course, they also lose their LW10.1 license, and revert to 9.x. CS can and will explain all of the details if asked by a member.

Myagi
09-05-2011, 07:09 AM
whether you joined early and were a so-called 'charter member or not'

What would be nice to get clarified, before possibly falsely giving the impression that everyone gets the charter benefit, is if the initial rule of charter membership still applies or not.

Originally, AFAIK, charter membership was only for those upgrading from LW9 to Core. Since there have been a lot of changes, including an extension from 1 to several years of the charter thing, I wonder does the price discount for HC members also apply to those who upgraded from LW8 (and older) to Core(+LW9), or not?

SBowie
09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
What would be nice to get clarified, before possibly falsely giving the impression that everyone gets the charter benefit, is if the initial rule of charter membership still applies or not.

Nothing I wrote indicates "that everyone gets the charter benefit", far from it; and frankly, I resent the implication of falsely giving that (or any) impression.

I expect most if not all who are charter members largely know who they anyway. I don't really recall all of the details; let's be honest, it was years ago now. But as I said, anyone with any question about their membership status can easily ask CS and get an answer that is pertinent to their individual circumstances. There are too many variables to deal with them all here using guesswork, and it seems to be just offering a lighting rod to those who miss no opportunity to snipe from the sidelines. Got a question, contact CS. I think we're done here.