PDA

View Full Version : Targeting a dynamic object

BlackOpsBen
09-04-2011, 11:03 AM
How do you get a camera/object to target a dynamic object? I basically have a ball rolling through a ramp but when the camera is targeting the ball it just fixes on the starting point. I tried parenting a null to the ball and the null also just sits at the balls starting point.

Cageman
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Have you simulated the ball in LW? If so, you can go into the EditFX tab and generate a motionpath (a null) that has the same animation as the ball. Target the camera to the null and you are set.

erikals
09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
yup, or try the anchor plugin,... (p.s. anchor will require a uv map)

BlackOpsBen
09-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Have you simulated the ball in LW? If so, you can go into the EditFX tab and generate a motionpath (a null) that has the same animation as the ball. Target the camera to the null and you are set.

In my EditFX tab the only option that seemed closest to "motion path" just baked the animation instead of making a null.

lino.grandi
09-05-2011, 01:56 AM
In my EditFX tab the only option that seemed closest to "motion path" just baked the animation instead of making a null.

Nulls are generated when using Cloth or SoftFX, since you select a vertex on the "baked" model.

For HardFX, you get the pivot point animation of the object baked...and you can target it.