PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Production Premium CS5.5 - 50% off

biliousfrog
09-01-2011, 09:35 AM
This was launched in July (directly targeting Apple users) but I only just heard about it.

we are now offering for a limited time 50% off either CS 5.5 Production Premium, OR Premiere Pro CS 5.5 standalone. This is open to anyone, worldwide, coming from either Apple or Avid workflows.

As an example, in the US store, this means a FULL license of CS 5.5 Production Premium suite can be bought for $849.50. A FULL license of Premiere Pro CS 5.5 can be bought for $399. Again this promo is worldwide, Im just using the US store as an example.

http://blogs.adobe.com/sforde/2011/07/01/50-off-cs-5-5-production-premium-or-premiere-pro/

You don't need to be using an Apple, Avid or Vegas product, even Adobe upgrades still get 50% off when using the promo code "switch".

gerry_g
09-01-2011, 10:31 AM
yeah but all the new stuff aimed at e-publishing or HTML5 authoring is is kind of half assed and half finished and if you have downloaded the free beta's of 'Edge' or 'Muse' you will know they have expiry dates set for early next year which means I suspect Adobe are aiming to bilk us all for CS6 around then, so the choice is half a product now at half the price or the full product in Q1/2 of next year for the full price, personally I'm not enticed I'll stick with my CS5 Premium for now.

biliousfrog
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Isn't the .5 free for CS5 users anyway?

gerry_g
09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
only in la-la land or your the head honcho of Adobe Inc.

biliousfrog
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
There was a period that you could upgrade for free but only if you'd bought CS5 within a certain time prior to CS5.5's launch...I wasn't aware of that, I assumed that point releases would have been included.

I'm still on CS3 so I'm interested in upgrading for the 64bit features but a couple of things are stopping me.

#1 upgrading all my After Effects plugins
#2 After Effects projects cannot be opened in earlier versions of the app, which makes using the latest version for collaborative work a crazy prospect. If I did upgrade I'd have to stick with AE CS3 for several more versions until my clients had upgraded to be sure that they could open my files.

geo_n
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow that is an extremely good deal. 849US for AE, Premiere, Flash and Photoshop.