PDA

View Full Version : Cloud color from vertex light?

MarkWood
08-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi,

Is there any way I can link the color of an HV to a vertex light map? For instance, you have a mesh representing a cloud. You generate a light map (vertex light map) for it. Then you take the cloud object into layout and activate hypervoxels on it, putting a HV at every point. Now how might you take the vertex light map data and apply it to the HV sprites?

Mark

prometheus
09-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi,

Is there any way I can link the color of an HV to a vertex light map? For instance, you have a mesh representing a cloud. You generate a light map (vertex light map) for it. Then you take the cloud object into layout and activate hypervoxels on it, putting a HV at every point. Now how might you take the vertex light map data and apply it to the HV sprites?

Mark

Not sure if thatīs doable, you can create vertex colors and apply to particles or hypervoxels on a object..check image for some hint where you activate that.

There might be a way to do it through nodes, you would have to install
dpontīs node volume plugin for hypervoxels.

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/nodes/nodes/Node_Editors.html#NodeVolume

Michael

prometheus
09-01-2011, 06:03 AM
well I donīt think you can put vertex color maps on to Hypervoxels in sprite or volume mode through the method above ..it works only on surface mode I think.
Tested by painting a vertex color map on to the point cluster.

Have to check the dpont node options..

Michael