PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic Mismatch Between 9.6 and 10.1.

evolross
08-28-2011, 03:55 PM
I setup a stereo shot in 10.1 using just eye separation, no convergence point, and did a render using the anaglyph filter.

I opened the same scene in 9.6, it opens correctly with the right value in the eye separation field, but the anaglyph render does not match. In 9.6 the rendered separation is MUCH closer than in 10.1.

Am I doing something wrong or is the LW10 camera system different somehow? I could understand 10.1's convergence setup not working in 9.6, but without convergence isn't it the same as what was offered in 9.6?

evolross
08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, so I just did a couple tests at home and everything seems to be working fine. A stereo-scene made in 10.1 without any convergence is opening and rendering exactly the same in 9.6.

Hmm... will have to double-check things at work.

Something I have noticed though, in both 9.6 and 10.1, when you enable stereo-rendering, you lose your original camera and you get a NEW camera/view on each side of your original camera. This isn't the best workflow as most feature films default to using the right or left eye as the default non-stereo view. With this workflow, if you do a bunch of camera work and/or bring in a tracked camera, neither one of your stereo renders are going to match your original camera work. :grumpy: I suppose this is okay if you just decide that your NEW default camera is one of your new stereo cameras, but I could see this diving perfectionists really nuts.