PDA

View Full Version : proportions in modeler and layout are not the same? please help...

BnE
10-11-2003, 03:38 PM
hi here are two pictures of the same head. the first one in modeler, the second one in layout. for the layout one, it's camera view with normal focus settings. what the hell does that mean? why is the head different? in modeler, i have the head the way i want it to be. in layout, the head is longer, as if the proportions were not kept.... please, this is horrible, what can i do about that?

here is the modeler one :

BnE
10-11-2003, 03:39 PM
here is the layout one :

evenflcw
10-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Change the camera zoom. To what value exactly is hard to say, as the perspective amount in Modeler can be seen numerically.

BnE
10-11-2003, 04:16 PM
thanx i'll try that!

toby
10-11-2003, 09:06 PM
The default camera settings in layout are like a wide angle lens. It distorts things more than you normally want. Set the zoom factor to about 6.5 and move the camera back.

Integrity
10-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Just a note...if you go into the Display Properties in Modeler, there is a slider called Perspective Amount. You can use this as a "proportion" control like how you put it. What it really does is changes the view from a wide to tele and all that. And also not only will zooming it in work, but if you move the camera out it will get more proportioned to how you want it too (depending if you want the camera to be back though).

BnE
10-13-2003, 05:25 AM
thank you everybody!