PDA

View Full Version : ModelerS and LiGhTwAvE

UEI
10-11-2003, 02:12 PM
How does Lightwave's modeler compare with other modelers like Truspace and 3D Studio Max, and Maya? Eisier? More reliable? More Accurate?

Titus
10-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Do you have problems with your keyboard?

WizCraker
10-12-2003, 03:49 AM
It is best in the Industry, I've used all the other packages except for Softimage and nothing compares to Lightwave Modeler IMO.

Rei
10-12-2003, 06:54 AM
LW is probably better than all of the current apps. However with the impending relase of Modo (can i say that?) its looking like it might become second place.

WizCraker
10-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Modo looks strangely [more of a Rip off] like LW Modeler to me.

j3st3r
10-13-2003, 03:22 AM
Stop talking about modo until it is released. It won`t be rip-off, but using the same basis as LW Modeler uses, and I`m pretty sure, that it is arranged, and agreed by both party (Lux and LW). Currently LW is da best modeller app, and it may maintain it`s position, if the user comments, and request will be implemented within a short time.

LW Modeler rulez!

UEI
10-22-2003, 01:33 PM
It looks good, but it's not even for PC! What use is it to me now lol. Freakin apple eaters! I hate apples!!! lol

j3st3r
10-22-2003, 01:46 PM
It is said, that modo is platform indpendent, and uses PEARL. The benefit is that it doesn`t require OS specific code.

Jimzip
10-23-2003, 04:36 AM
Hehe.. Hey UEI, welcome aboard!
(Beware of Flamewars!! :ghostmaking strangefacialmovements: Hmm I don't think that's a real emoticon..)

That's odd. I hadn't realised Modo wasn't for PC. Geez, they'll be losing a little of their target market won't they? (Oh wait.. If their target market is Mac users..)
Nice to see someone making such a bold move though, they must have something to prove.
I'll give it a try. But I'm sticking with LW.

Jimzip :D

Thalaxis
10-23-2003, 09:22 AM
No, it's not mac-only. They aren't after a slice of small slice of the
pie, they're after a slice of the entire pie.

I seriously doubt that they used PERL, but with good software
engineering, they can achieve a very high level of platform
independence. In any case, Lux themselves stated that they are
75% Windows-oriented... they're just taking advantage of
Apple's stellar hype-machine.

jack
10-28-2003, 03:48 PM
How does Lightwave's modeler compare with other modelers like Truspace and 3D Studio Max, and Maya? Eisier? More reliable? More Accurate?

Hi,

If you want to use a other modeler try Amorphium 3.
It's great and cheap, $99,and has a very good SubD modeler build in,called Tin,very easy to use,and compareble to the way LW uses SubD.The other options it has to model are also very good and can be very useful.Also it is for PC and Mac.
But that wasn't the answer to your question,but you can think about it.

Jack