PDA

View Full Version : Of machine and Men.

fbcss
10-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know my my Machine would be having trouble keeping the signal from the DDR running smoothy and the mouse moving around at the same time. My HDs are running fine. I've also had trouble with the CG flickering??? Any ideas? I have the lastest version of VT3??? any ideas?

Jim Capillo
10-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by fbcss
Does anyone know my my Machine would be having trouble keeping the signal from the DDR running smoothy and the mouse moving around at the same time. My HDs are running fine. I've also had trouble with the CG flickering??? Any ideas? I have the lastest version of VT3??? any ideas?

Seems like this would be a good candidate for the omni-present display card suspicion.

What card are you using? Do you have the latest drivers?

fbcss
10-11-2003, 04:08 PM
A Geforce2 MX/MX 400, I haven't updated my drivers yet, but I just found out that vt3 smooths everything out when I min. vt3. and it run nicely on my preview out monitor. Thanks for the suggestion

Jim Capillo
10-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Some have reported problems with the very latest NVidia drivers, 45.23, I think.

I'm still running 44.03 with no problems.

fbcss
10-12-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm still having problems! I have the video driver version 44.03 of theinstalled, but the problem still remains. I believe vt vision that is causing it. I have noticed that when I minimize vt vision the jitters go away, or if I switch to another workspace or minimize the entire program the jitters go away. Any suggestions?

Jim Capillo
10-12-2003, 02:33 PM
What are the specs of your computer?

fbcss
10-12-2003, 04:32 PM
P4 1.7 ghz proc.
1gig rambus Ram
130gig hd scsi III raid
Two 40 gig ide hd
64 meg g-force 2 mx400
windows xp
VT3 and sx-8
Texas Instruments Firewire card 400
intel onboard sound
cd-r drive

I know that the system has been running a lot better since I upgrade with the patch, which is great! I'm just have this little problem that I can't figure out. I wonder if it's something to do with my vt3 preferences???

Jim Capillo
10-12-2003, 07:14 PM
A couple of things......

What do you have for burner software?

You might try pulling the Firewire card and see if that makes a difference, as well as disabling the onboard sound, if possible.

I had a single 1.7 before I upgraded and I had to either render complex timelines out or force render under them and that was on VT[2]. It might be choking if you're trying to do too many things at once. Try rendering your projects out and see if everything smooths out.

djlithium
10-13-2003, 03:01 PM
ARe you also having problems with slow draws of menus?
IF so, check your nVidia control panel and disable nView.

I used to get issues like this on fresh systems until as part of the build process this was turned off. It's been mentioned many times before, but sometimes people forget.

Also, what kind of mouse?? USB? I have had a system or two act screwy with optical USB mice.

Try that if you can.

Dan Hong
10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Just a thought, it sounds like a display problem. Have you upgraded your DirectX to 9b?