PDA

View Full Version : Dynamite 1.2 working in LW 10.0 -But broken in LW10.1 ?

prometheus
08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I was about to test the dynamite particle engine in the latest lw 10.1 build 2161

Now once installed, and clicking on the volumetrics tab and trying to open by clicking on dynamite..I get the dynamite tab..almost..itīs white and freezes My whole computer system, I canīt even get out of it without rebooting the whole computer.
both 32 bit and 64 bit does this.

Works fine in LW 10.0 thou...no problems there whatsoever.

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656/videos

nickdigital
08-24-2011, 02:01 PM
I thought Dynamite was vaporware. Anyone who wants to do that type of stuff uses TFD now.

prometheus
08-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I thought Dynamite was vaporware. Anyone who wants to do that type of stuff uses TFD now.

so why use hypervoxels at all? particles with a voxel system has itīs uses, fluids has Itīs cons.
and turbulence doesnīt have a particle voxel shader.

Now the only interest for dynamite is its fireshader and Itīs metaball blending wich isnīt present in hypervoxels, and
perhaps the polyons appliance of voxels...and the open GL representation.

why did they choose to go with particles/afterburner
and not fluids for matrix reloaded collision scene do you think?

Michael

nickdigital
08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a smartass. But I thought Dynamite was vaporware. The developer disappeared so there aren't going to be any new updates if there are bugs.

prometheus
08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a smartass. But I thought Dynamite was vaporware. The developer disappeared so there aren't going to be any new updates if there are bugs.

yeah I understand that cantarcan vanished ..but it might be easy solved by newtek themself, it worked in LW10.0 just fine
and they broke it in LW 10.1 it seems.

either they fix it or not, and I have to fiddle back to LW 10.0 and going from a particle scene setup
in LW 10.1 in to LW 10.0 would probably screw up the configs due to the obnoxius color space changes.

There is another option ..if newtek hurry up and update Hypervoxels wich hasnīt been properly updates
in years, but I wouldnīt count on that.

Michael

nickdigital
08-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Hopefully it's something NewTek can fix. If it's the plug-in, then we're probably hosed.

Does Dynamite do something better/easier than TFD? It's too bad that plug-in became vaporware so quickly after it was released.

prometheus
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Hopefully it's something NewTek can fix. If it's the plug-in, then we're probably hosed.

Does Dynamite do something better/easier than TFD? It's too bad that plug-in became vaporware so quickly after it was released.

well..If you want more controlled direction..Itīs easier to work with particles..and easier to work with particles and a voxel system, and the voxel grain and fire shader is a bit different to use than turbulence..the internal rayleigh light scattering inside dynamites voxel system has a very nice feel too it.

If you work with hypervoxels Itīs sometimes faster to render and you donīt need to set and test different resolutions as for fluids, you will most often get nice grain detail anyway.

Im not promoting hypervoxels or dynamite over turbulence here, just different approaches for different purposes.

Dynamite also works well on geometry for clouds, or for special designed explosions ..like jarrod davis mushroom nuke, where dynamite was used
for the mushroom top.

So particles and voxels are more directable and sometimes faster and for shading mucha easier, but fluids are definitly more realistic for some things regarding the dynamic motion, and whispy things.

Ohh..the latest build of Turbulence has a broken light scattering issue or feature? I canīt get any depth shading when tweaking with viper o VPR..so the fluid looks flat when tweaking, it works in final render, but
I need to see it while working on it.

Michael
http://vimeo.com/28074469

nickdigital
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Dynamite also works well on geometry for clouds, or for special designed explosions ..like jarrod davis mushroom nuke, where dynamite was used
for the mushroom top.

Using geometry is definitely cool. What was the most recent release version? 1.2?

prometheus
08-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Using geometry is definitely cool. What was the most recent release version? 1.2?

yepp..that was the final release.
yepp using geometry..but only for placement and size/rotatin control, not the full geometry volumetric we need in future hv stuff, but better than just particle point size and placement in hypervoxels.
Michael