PDA

View Full Version : PC Output HDMI to Component into Tricaster

studioemily
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

We have a Tricaster Studio and I want to use my external PC as camera 3 input for skype calls. I only have HDMI out from the PC I was given and so I purchased a HDMI to RGB converter box. I plugged everything but can't seem to find the correct resolution for inputting into the tricaster. I just get scrolling fuzz. Anyone had any experience with this? Is it cause I have an HD converter box to the SD tricaster or am I just not finding the correct resolution to match the monitors?

Help!

joseburgos
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
The converter box should have scaling capability. If it does, then follow its instructions to output component YCbCr video and not RGB. Next make sure you change the output to be 480i Widescreen. After that the scaler should also have zoom and position ability to make further adjustments. Oh and also over and underscan.

studioemily
08-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Do you have an example of one that has worked for you????

joseburgos
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Genfen DVI to RGBs. I use a couple of them all time for TC Pro. You will need a DVI to HDMI cable to use it.

studioemily
08-24-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Video-Adapters/DVI-Adapters-Converters/Gefen-Inc/EXT-DVI-2-RGBSS.xhtml

do you think this will work???