PDA

View Full Version : DDR clip for Nightly Show set missing in Virtual Set Editor (VSE) package

davedude
08-24-2011, 09:53 AM
I have a TCXD300 and just purchased the Virtual Set Editor (VSE) software add-on.

I wanted to use the "Ticker" in the Nightly Set, and VSE comes with the Template (.PNG) file but not the demo DDR clip that comes with the TCXD850.

I called Newtek support and they were not much help. Was wondering how I can get a hold of the DDR clip that demos the ticker in motion.

Thanks!

davedude
08-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Or someone who can give me directions on how to make the ticker in the nightly set say what I want and animate it.

dkinskey
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
did you ever get an answer on this as I have the same question?

kanep
03-30-2012, 09:35 AM
To make the ticker you just need to have the text in your DDR video clip scroll from left to right (make sure it is positioned in the same area as the template clip shows [bottom left]). The amount of text and the speed at which is moves is all determined in by the length of the video clip that you make.

Doing something like this should be pretty easy to setup in After Effects.

SBowie
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
You may find item A.3.3 in Appendix A of the current manual helpful ("How do I set up the Nightly Show A LiveSet?") slightly helpful.

Red Dog Records
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
You may find item A.3.3 in Appendix A of the current manual helpful ("How do I set up the Nightly Show A LiveSet?") slightly helpful.

This seems to be deleted from the current manual (I just downloaded it from http://www.newtek.com/support/documentation.html).
Is there a copy of the old manual somewhere?

the one I just downloaded is version 1.5 of the VSE manual dated May 31, 2011.
Appendix A only goes up to A.2.3 on page 52.

I would just need a full-resolution still that shows where each of the screens and ticker reside in the video frame.

SBowie
06-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I should have been more specific - I was referring to the TriCaster manual.

Red Dog Records
06-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Thank you for the clarification Steve!
There are only a couple manuals, you figure I could have at least checked the other ones before asking my question...
:D